account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera bug on Z5 Compact

SOLVED
Talent
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Camera bug on Z5 Compact

Hello to all, I have an issue with my Z5 Compact, when I go to camera, set in 20Mpx resolution it taking pictures good but sometimes, especialy if I reboot my phone, it set itself to 8Mpx resolution and I must set It almost every time by myself again and again (its anoying when I need quick foto and it have a horrible resolution and quality)... I have Marshmallow and last November security update, any ideas? (I'm waiting for Nougat to reinstal phone by companion (RIP SEUS) but I dont ewant to reinstall it if there is no nougat...and sorry for my English Grinning Face ).
First google it, then ask for it... Winking Face
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Re: Camera bug on Z5 Compact

It is very possible, you may need to look through the app settings and see if you can find a function related to clearing data or optimising performance.

You may also try uninstalling the application and see if the problem continues, if it does not, then you need to contact AVG and advise accordingly, they should be able to help.

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hi @MichalH94,

Welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear about this issue, are you able to advise if you are using any form of Battery saving app or an Antivirus application on the device? It may be possible that such an app is resetting the handsets defaults after a period of time.

Let me know.

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Talent
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Thank you for welcome and no, I dont have any Battery saving app, Im using only Stamina at low battery...but I have installed an Antivirus -AVG for Xperia (paid PRO version)- maybe this antivirus is reason of camera bug?
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

It is very possible, you may need to look through the app settings and see if you can find a function related to clearing data or optimising performance.

You may also try uninstalling the application and see if the problem continues, if it does not, then you need to contact AVG and advise accordingly, they should be able to help.

Let me know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Talent
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I have checked all settings and its OK so I wrote email with this problem to AVG and now Im waiting for answer from them...we will see, when they write me back with some possibilities or options, I will write it here with results, thank you for now Winking Face
Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Did removing the AVG application resolve this issue?

Talent
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I think yes, I had to delete the app, install and set up it again and it seems to be ok for now, the resolution of pictures is still 20Mpx and video at FullHD 60FPS, so we will see it trough the time if its ok or the problem is still there, but now it seems to be good Slightly smiling Face . Thank you for solving the issue Jake! 😉
Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Great news, lets hope all goes well for the future Grinning Face