account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera UI glitch with HD display of X Compact

Commissioner
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Camera UI glitch with HD display of X Compact

Hi Community,

I report a UI glitch (UI error) that occours with the HD display of the X Compact.

As in Figure, when set the 4:3 ratio and then opened the settings, the translucent window of the settings partially come over the black part of the camera UI. Figure explains better what I mean.

Xperia X Compact UI issueXperia X Compact UI issue

This UI glitch doesn't happen in bigger display as 5.2".

Reducing the display dpi through settings doesn't resolve the issue.

Someone from Sony can answer me something about?

Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Camera UI glitch with HD display of X Compact

Hi @Alessio_84,

I had a look at this myself but I'm not sure if I fully understood what you are referring to. Any chance you could upload a screenshot of this?

Thanks!

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Hi @Christofer,

Sorry, I miss to add the screenshot (Figure) of my X Compact's Camera.

I add it in the previous post and here I add the screenshot of the same screen but from Xperia XZ. Inside the red circles, you can immediately see the UI glicht on the small display of the X Compact.Xperia X CompactXperia X CompactXperia XZXperia XZ

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for uploading the screenshots! I can see what you are referring to now. However, I can't actually reproduce this myself. Thinking Face I've tried changing between the different display sizes as well but the camera's settings menu stays in place and doesn't overlap like it does in your screenshot.

Could you try clearing data for the Camera app, Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data, and see if it still looks like this afterwards?

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi @Christofer,

I've done as you suggest but on my X Compact the issue remains. Again, the settings menu overlaps.

I have small display settings (small dpi) and nothing more. For curiosity, I changed the dpi in "deafult" and the glitch there is nomore. Definetly, it is a BUG that happens when is set "small" in screen size.

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

did you try to restart the device after changing the DPI?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Nevermind, I manage to replicate it . with An Xperia XZ and Xperia X

personally I think it is just the side effect of the DPI change, just like when you change the DPI on a windows pc. more dpi mean more space to spread out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Learn to take care and troubleshoot your Device here:
Xperia Support by Sony: https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi @nolramlb,

as mentioned before, this issue happens on my X Compact (small display) when small dpi option is set.

It is a bug due, personally, to a not deep testing of all features of Android N from devs.

However I hope @Christofer and others of Sony's team could report this to japanese devs for correct it.

Naturally, an answer from them will be very welcome.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Thanks to both of you for testing this further!

@Alessio_84 I'll forward this internally as feedback regarding the camera UI. Thank you for bringing it up! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Hi @Christofer,

I report that this glitch happens also for Full HD display as the XA1 Ultra one when small dpi is set.

This is well visible in the next Figure directly from PhoneArena.com review.

Is only a glitch but very annojing that a brand as Sony doesn't care to these details...

Xperia XA1 UltraXperia XA1 Ultra