account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Camera Problem in my xperia xz

Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Camera closes automatically and when tried to open gallery phone hangs then needed to switch off and then phone gets normal working.

Any help please.

14 REPLIES 14
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Camera Problem in my xperia xz

Does this happen when you are in safe mode? Just long press power off option

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi @HRWebSolution,

I'm sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

Is the camera app closing down when you are using it, or does it close down as soon as you open up the application?

If it closes down as soon as you open it up, I would recommend that you clear data for the application, this won't delete any photos or videos, it will however reset all the settings that you have previously done in the app.

Go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data, try opening up the camera application again, is it still closing down? If it, try rebooting your phone in safe mode that @nolramlb suggested, just to make sure that this isn't caused by a third party application.

Are you opening up the Album application from inside the camera application by pressing on a picture in the bottom right corner or by pressing the app icon from your home screen / application screen? If you have an SD card in your phone where all your photos and videos are stored, try removing it and open up the Album application again.

You can also try opening up the app while the phone is rebooted in safe mode as well! Slightly smiling Face

Let us know how it goes! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Since i updated my software into the latest one last june 7,2017. My main camera is not functioning. It just turned black. The front camera is still working. My phone was not dropped. And i bought it 4mos ago. Sony this is very disappointing in my part. Please reply asap. 

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi Sony. My experia XZ camera keep switching itself off once I take like few pictures. I did what what Jonas said but still.  

It'll show a message:" Some foction can't work properly because of high temperature" after that it will switch itself off and when shooting a video also. I need your help and advice please. Thank you   

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Hi @Abby2, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I'd recommend that you start with clearing data for the camera application in your phone. To do that, go to Settings > Apps > Camera > Storage > Clear data.

You can also try the back (main) camera in the inbuilt test in the phone which you can find in Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test > Camera.

If there is no change after trying the above, try and reboot your phone in safe mode and do both the test in diagnostics for the camera and start the camera application as normal.

Let me know how it went! Slightly smiling Face

@DPS4TV, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Does this always occur when using your camera for taking photos and recording a video, both inside and outside?

To make sure that a third party application isn't the cause of this, I'd recommend that you try and reboot your phone in safe mode and take a few photos / record a video and see if there is any change.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

One time poster
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

I have tried it in safe mode, even resetted to manufacture setting,camera still doesn't work.Any leads?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Hi @EdisonKong, welcome to our forum!

In this case, it does sound like it's related to hardware and not software as you have already done a factory reset on your device.

I would however, just to make sure that this is not caused by the software in the device, recommend that you perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This is a bit different from a factory reset as it will delete all data stored on the internal storage and reinstall the latest available software.

As data is being deleted, creating a backup using Xperia Companion at first is advised.

If you still experience that you can't launch the camera application even after the repair has been completed, please get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further with having your device sent to an authorized service centre.

Let me know how it goes!

One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hi, i also have the issue.

Been away and used in a swimming pool, found this is NOT waterproof. All other functions okay except the camera would not fire up. The lenses on both front and rear steamed up.

After not using all holiday.. **angry face** it intermittantly starts. Very rarely. And the screen seems to have moisture undermeath, though every day is better!

Tried safe mode.

Have downloaded third app to see if software driven error, but that come up with application being used by another app.

Suggestions guys? Why does this phone not work in a non salt swimming pool Sony?

second Xpria I have owned with water issues.. F8331 build 41.3.A.2.75

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Hi @Captainpeebee, very sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

If there is still moisture inside the cameras, your device will need to be examined at an authorized service centre by a trained technician.

Your Local support team will assist you further with this and if you have any questions regarding warranty, local consumer laws and local service routines, they will be able to provide a much more detailed answer than I can, as this varies between markets.

Regarding water and your device, you can find some more information on the IP-classification on the link below, do keep in mind that we have this disclaimer "The IP rating of your device was achieved in laboratory conditions in standby mode, so you should not use the device underwater, such as taking pictures. Do not use the device to take photos while performing any type of activity underwater, including diving or snorkeling."

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/dm/waterresistant/

I hope that helps! Slightly smiling Face