account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Camera Issue after update

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Camera Issue after update

My software was updated a while back on my Xperia z5 premium (the update before the one I just had) and since then my camera or any app that uses a camera i.e. snapchat, video chat etc wont open. I waited for the next update (which was today) to see if the issue was solved but like the last update it hasnt changed and I still dont have a working camera. Is this issue gonna be solved?

6 REPLIES 6
Adept
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Camera Issue after update

Hi There,

Have you tried running Software repair? this can be done by downloading the Sony Companion app onto your computer then connect your phone to the PC with a usb cable. Then select software repair, its also advised that you backup your device before doing this. Also try running your phone on safe mode and see if the device functions that way.

If none of these work its most likely you will need to send your phone off to your local Sony repair center

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yeah i've tried everything, I was hoping the new update would solve the problem as they were already aware of this from the last update however it wasnt the case

Adept
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

is this the firmware your running 32.4.A.1.54 ? I am running this version and havent had any camera issues but you have the Premium model were i have the standard Z5 E6653 so slightly different. Did the issue start with 7.0 or after?

___________________________________________________________________________________________
"Astronomy compels the soul to look upwards and leads us from this world to another" - Plato
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Yeah thats what im running. It started with the 7.0 update, after the update update I did same searches and noticed I wasnt the only one having that problem, so I tried everything from deleting the camera's temp data to safe mode to reseting everything, nothing has worked so far

Adept
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Sounds like your only option might be to send it off to sony repair center if you still have warranty? of if you have phone insurance maybe send it off to them? My sony XZ i had a few months ago failed when i updated to 7.1.1 audio stopped working so i sent it off to them. My experience wasnt the greatest and ended up buying a Z5 from amazon but maybe your have better luck,

Hope you get it sorted

Learner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

My warranty isnt up til next year so i'll send it off to them but i've had nothing but problems with this phone since I got it, definitly wont be getting another... Thanks for your help though, its appreciated