account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera Cannot Start

Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Camera Cannot Start

Help?

Whenever I try and use the camera it I get an Error message that says Cannot Start Camera. Restart camera or device. I've reset my device, booted in safe mode, cleared cache, cleared data and nothing works.

Has anyone else had this problem or knows a solution. 

Side note: I can use the "selfie camera" on Snapchat but it freezes if I try to turn it to the other.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Camera Cannot Start

@RaisingBrayden if you've already tried Safe Mode & it is still acting up....my next step would be to try a repair using Xperia Companion

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiaz3/tools/xperia-companion/

Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I've tried that as well..

Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@RaisingBrayden

Time to contact your Local support to get it inspected/repaired. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Yeah. Unfortunately there is no place close and they don't send replacement phones.

Apprentice
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Have the same problem. It started a few days ago and since then I get frustrated every time I try to take a video on my new Xperia XZ2