account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Bokeh mode with new updates on Xz2 premium

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Bokeh mode with new updates on Xz2 premium

Hi guys, 

The XZ2 premium had a fantastic bokeh mode when I first got it about 6 months ago. But about two updates ago, I went into bokeh mode as normal to find out that the whole mode had changed. It now looks like what I used to have on my ancient HTC phone about 5 years ago: It makes you set the focus, then says it will take two pictures, and then about 3/4 of the time it ends up saying "could not blur background"... and on the rare occasion that it CAN blur the background, it almost always blurs it poorly. Has anyone else experienced this change recently? I was hoping they'd fix it with the previous update, but it's still the same and I can't find any forum posts about it, or any way to fix it. 

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated! I use the bokeh mode a lot at work and its decline in quality is really disappointing to me.