account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

c4 marshmallow update problem (process com.andriod.phone has stopped)

Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

c4 marshmallow update problem (process com.andriod.phone has stopped)

i just updated my c4 right now to marshmallow and IT DOESNT WORK ...keeps telling me every 1 sec ( Unfortunately , the process com.android.phone has stopped. ) i keep pressing ok and the message keeps popping up every goddamn second please help fast i cant use anything at all

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Genius
Message 2 of 18
Message 2 of 18

Re: c4 marshmallow problem

Happened to me, it's frustrating but can be fixed. Keep pressing OK while you go in settings, apps, search for the app phone also between system apps, scroll quickly and identify the process. Tap on it and do a force stop, clear data and cache then reboot your phone.

It's a frustrating process that can accomplish a goal.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Highlighted
Message 3 of 18
Message 3 of 18

deleted data and still the same problem

Highlighted
Regular
Message 4 of 18
Message 4 of 18

Re: c4 marshmallow update problem (process com.andriod.phone has stopped)

I had the same problem. Finally I did a factory reset. Now there is no problem 😀
Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 18
Message 5 of 18

i didn't ffind the app phone between the apps od the system

Highlighted
Learner
Message 6 of 18
Message 6 of 18

how i can do the factory reset, please help me

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 18
Message 7 of 18

Hahaha i did the same factory reset
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 18
Message 8 of 18

The process com.android.phone has stopped, started after updating my phone to Marshmallow

I updated my Xperia C4 Dual for the Android 6.0, but now I can't use my phone because the message "The process com.android.phone stopped" appears all the time on the screen.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 18
Message 9 of 18

Re: The process com.android.phone has stopped, started after updating my phone to Marshmallow

Hi @Ciel04, I'm sorry to hear about your phone. Slightly frowning Face

Are you able to enter safe mode in order to see if the same occurs there? Should the behaviour also occur in safe mode, then I recommend that you try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion.

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 10 of 18
Message 10 of 18

latest update jamming phone with error message

Just got the latest update on C4, and now error message "process com.android.phone has stopped" won't go away, and whatever is wrong cant restart. Any suggestions?