account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Internal memory problem with xperia c

Highlighted
Genius
Message 131 of 195
Message 131 of 195

Re: storage space running out

As what i learnt from my friend,your total internal storage is 4GB and only 2GB is useable,another 2GB is filled for firmware data.

However within 2GB only 0.98GB is useable to install apps.And the data thats allowed to be transfered to the SD card is not its full data,only the cache and certain files only.

The other 1.02GB is useable for user to store music photos vids etc

So if you have filled the 0.98GB it would be impossible for you to install/update any further apps even if you still have 1.02GB of free space.

This is the limitation of Sony's partition.However you can overcome it by rooting and allow special mods.

*note that rooting will void your warranty.
AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 132 of 195
Message 132 of 195

Re: Internal memory problem with xperia c

Is there any solution of internal memory or not? Why device memory is used in app downloading, what is the use of internal memory? I'm really distracted of Xperia C. I'm not able to download or update any app in my phone? What I have to do with this kind of serious problem? Please resolve the problem?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 133 of 195
Message 133 of 195

Internal memory problem with xperia c

I am using Xperia C for the past 6 months. Internal memory is too low. I have sufficient memory on my phone storage and card. But unable to install or update apps.

Reply me as soon as possible.

Visitor
Message 134 of 195
Message 134 of 195

Is there any solution of internal memory or not in Xperia C?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 135 of 195
Message 135 of 195

I'm facing same problem too, any firmware update from SONY?
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 136 of 195
Message 136 of 195

Every time i got error message like "insufficient space.

When ever i try to download new application or update at time google play store gives error messes as mention above.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 137 of 195
Message 137 of 195

Re: Every time i got error message like "insufficient space.

if not already tried, try clearing the cache (press SETTINGS->STORAGE->TOTAL SPACE->CACHED DATA) and then try again?

Highlighted
Regular
Message 138 of 195
Message 138 of 195

Not able to download apps form Google play.

Screenshot_2015-01-20-18-01-56.png    Screenshot_2015-01-20-19-05-27.png

Screenshot_2015-01-20-19-05-37.png

I have a 16gn external memory card,and I have set that all apps should be downloaded to  the external card. But stll when I install an app from the Google store it displays the message insufficient space. I have done all the things like emptying the apps from the the  internal memory card,shifting the apps to extenal memory card ...still it shows the same message . PLZ HELP.

Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 139 of 195
Message 139 of 195

Re: Not able to download apps form Google play.

You can't do that, apps will be downloaded to the internal storage
Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 140 of 195
Message 140 of 195

Re: Not able to download apps form Google play.