account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z3c rear camera turned black after the last update to 5.1.1

Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

z3c rear camera turned black after the last update to 5.1.1

Hi,

My z3c rear camera turned black after the last update to 5.1.1.

Olso, he camera app does problems and makes the phone stuck.

the front camera works fine.

I tried to clear camera data but it did not help.

This is a video of the diagnosticssadright before i clicked the camera bottom at the screen

https://youtu.be/Les3a6zNhHk

What should I do?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: z3c rear camera turned black after the last update to 5.1.1

Hi,

That sounds strange. Try clearing data for the camera app, Settings > Apps > All > Camera, and then try using the camera again.

You can also test the camera in Diagnostics, Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

It didn't work :/

This is a video of the diagnosticsSlightly frowning Faceright before i clicked the camera bottom at the screen

https://youtu.be/Les3a6zNhHk

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

In that case I suggest that you try a software repair via PC Companion.

In PC Companion you press start on "Support Zone" > Start on "Update the phone/tablet software" > "Repair phone/tablet" (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

The software repair will remove all data stored in the phone so don't forget to make a backup in PC Companion before you try the software repair. You can do a backup using the Backup & Restore option in PC Companion.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

It din't help.

Is there any way to go back to 5.0?

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@TurboKid

That seems more of a hardware issue than software, contact your Local support asap

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

@TurboKid I would advise you to contact your Local support, like @uliwooly suggested, to get information on how you can get your phone examined by a technician at an authorised service center.