account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

z1 wifi and data connection problem

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

z1 wifi and data connection problem

hello

i have a problem with my internet connection on my xperia z1 ( WiFi and Data Connection ) 

wifi==== when i connect to my wifi network ,,, my xperia z1 takes all the connection and blocking the internet from the rest of my devices 

and when i connect to wifi hotspot from another device >>>> on my xperia there is a connection but there is no internet access ?!!!!!!!!!!!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Data====  there is a connection but there is no internet access !!!!!!

plz help :\\

thanks Slightly smiling Face

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: z1 wifi and data connection problem

Let's clarify this, you have data on your phone, through your carrier, not WiFi correct? 

But when you join a hotspot your phone is able to have data through WiFi but any other device connected to the same network stop working? are you auto updating your apps and / or auto backing up your photos and videos to Google whenever you are connected to a hotspot?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@uliwooly wrote:

Let's clarify this, you have data on your phone, through your carrier, not WiFi correct? 

But when you join a hotspot your phone is able to have data through WiFi but any other device connected to the same network stop working? are you auto updating your apps and / or auto backing up your photos and videos to Google whenever you are connected to a hotspot?

no internet access Slightly frowning Face

through wifi or data Worried Face

Highlighted
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Boot on safe mode, if it work while on safe mode then its a third-party app causing this issue

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

And if it's not working on safemode.. Then what's the problem!?!