account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

z ultra long booting after fw update

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

z ultra long booting after fw update

Hi all.
When i updated my ultra fw 532 ,my phone boot very slow.Now i am waiting about 2 minutes for bootting.After fw update ultra booting was fast.Is there any solution for this issue?
Thanks in advance..
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: z ultra long booting after fw update

Are you using a 64 GB Memory card? How much data is filled already on the primary/secondary memory?
Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Yes i am using 64 gb micro sd card and card has 33 gb emty space.There is 9.3 gb space available in the phone memory.

Adviser
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Does it always boot that long? coz if u came from upgrade booting it up sometimes cost a while but thats only first time the next boot time will much faster.
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Try removing the external card and then see if it boots normally. 64 GB card is still not stable. Moreover, class of a card also matters. I am using Sandisk 32 GB Class 10 card and it works flawlessly.

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for replays,

I am using sandisk 64 gb class10 and without sd card same thing. Every boot same.

When I tried fw 532 update, update faild. Then I updated my phone sony update service program.

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

i have build number 14.1.b.1.532 and similarly rebooting has me worried sometimes if the device is dead or not as it is very slow this started happening after the first update sony released, and has continued to do so since.

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I have had similar issue. Only had my z ultra 4 days and since the update it boots, says "Sony" then goes black for about 2 mins. Seems like will not boot then suddenly boots into the xperia logo then OS. But very nerve racking.
Highlighted
Talent
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Hi,

Firmware before B.2.257 has this issue.  You just need to ENABLED the Settings->Display->Optimized Backlight will solve the long boot and SOD issue.

In B.2.257, that option is hide and is always enabled.  Recommend to update to this firmware. 

To see if it is available or update firmware can use any of the method below:-

1) Sony update service (SUS): http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

2) Sony PC Companion : http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

3) Over the air (OTA) - Sometime reboot device will work or clear data at Settings->app->all->update center may work.

Don't forget to give Kudos Kudos 2.JPG  and / or mark the correct answer Solution.JPG