account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia zr sd card damaged

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

xperia zr sd card damaged

Hi all,

I just bought a new xperia zr a week ago.

I have a serious trouble here. My sd card was damaged when I connect my bluetooth speaker and when I turned off my xperia zr. It keeps informed that my sd card damaged and I need to re-format the.sd card. I have formatted it but it keeps happen again.

What should I do? I am using SanDisk 16 GB class 10.

Thank you for your kind help.
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: xperia zr sd card damaged

Test your SD card with another phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

you sd card was damaged when you connected your speaker?........

try the different format type using a pc. since the update it now supports exfat. if the pc doesnt read it, your sd is most likely fried. some sd  cards  controllers could not handle the constant on/off cycles of jelly bean. should be covered by the sd manufacturer .

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I did test it with my samsung galaxy ace 2, no problem at all.

It was damaged when I connected my bluetooth speaker and everytime I turned off my xperia zr.

When xperia zr said my sd card damaged, I still can always re-formatted it and it can be detected by my xperia and PC. It was not fried, but looks like the sd card file system was corrupted by my xperia everytime I turned on my bluetooth device and turned off my phone.