account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

One time poster
Message 411 of 616
Message 411 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I have ordered 2 times the Z1 repair touchscreen they have updated the software 2 times but still fails in the same place and doing the same mistakes because thats not a problem of software thats a problem of hardware.
I had to buy a second phone from china to have a phone that functions. By my surprise that phone works better than the Z1 but without these super-cameras, but mostly smoothly.
I take up the phone this morning and tomorrow i carry again to repairs for 3 and last time because its make the same fails.
I do not understand how these phones with this price have failures in touchscreen and not immediately change the touchscreen as the repairs carried thereby.

Adviser
Message 412 of 616
Message 412 of 616

I have had the touch screen replaced, and it didn't fix the problem either...
-Thomas
Regular
Message 413 of 616
Message 413 of 616

I made a few days ago a full reset (internal data included) on my Xperia Z1 with latest update (14.2.A.1.136) and the problem is still there.

BTW, did you know that Xperia Z1 has this kind of touch functionality?

http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/02/20/xperia-z1-gets-pen-mod-use-a-pencil-as-a-stylus/

Adviser
Message 414 of 616
Message 414 of 616

So, could enabling that stylus feature solve the touch issue, since the Z1 is programmed not to detect specific inputs? Maybe the screen misinterpret some finger touches as pencil touches, which could be the reason behind this annoying malfunction..?
Learner
Message 415 of 616
Message 415 of 616

i had exact same problem with my brand new xperia z1. **bleep** SONY? no official statement?? it is a hardware or a software issue?

Learner
Message 416 of 616
Message 416 of 616

There are any z1 that doesn't have this problem? Is worth to go on service with my z1? I don't want to waste my time without solving the problem.
Apprentice
Message 417 of 616
Message 417 of 616

My touchscreen has been fine untill I updated to 14.2.A.1.136

I press a keyboard letter and the letter 2 spaces away is selected ... its getting impossible for me to type messages.

I haven't read through all 42 pages on this thread, but is this what people are getting  ?

Learner
Message 418 of 616
Message 418 of 616

No, You had a specific problem. You try to factory reset your phone?

One time poster
Message 419 of 616
Message 419 of 616

Same ptoblem here
One time poster
Message 420 of 616
Message 420 of 616

Factory reset doesn't solve the problem...