account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Adviser
Message 361 of 616
Message 361 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

@ryanh : it is artificcial because nobody uses their phone like that. I want the phone fixed to a degree that it works when and how I use it - if a fault can be provoked, but never appear in use - I really don´t give a sh** Winking Face
I love my Z1 - but this fault is making it hard to maintain the love - my love for Sony is long gone... (a relationship should be based on mutual respect and understanding :p )
Learner
Message 362 of 616
Message 362 of 616

But this isn't the case with the Z1 or Z1S, the fault can be provoked, and it can appear in use. We're not talking about a fault that relies on the proper alignment of the stars, we're talking about a fault that comes up all the time.

Also, the type of fault that is it shouldn't happen even when it's provoked. Like the video I posted previously, I was in the screen diagnostics portion of the phone. It failed. Was it provoked? Maybe, but there shouldn't be a way to provoke that fault.

Like the iPhone and the bad reception that depended on how it was held. Yeah, that's a provoked fault, but it's a fault that could also willy nilly pop up. But regardless how it happened, it's a fault that shouldn't have been able to be provoked.

Adviser
Message 363 of 616
Message 363 of 616

Yeah, you can choose to give my post another meaning.
I said : if the fault don't appear in normal use - I don't care (if it can be provoked or not).
(now my phone has this error in normal use, and that I care about)
Learner
Message 364 of 616
Message 364 of 616

No one is debating the issue doesn't happen in normal use. You're the one making the comment that you don't care about whether it can be provoded or not. Because it is widely accepted that this occurs in normal use, the only way to test it is by provocation.

When this can't be provoked, it will have most likely been solved in normal use.

Adviser
Message 365 of 616
Message 365 of 616

(forum mod): fault will be fixed in upcomming sw update
(Me): new software today, but it does not state this fault I fixed
(Some user): I have updated, fault can still be provoked
(Me): does the fault still appear in normal use?
(You):.....!!!!!!!!!!
(Me):idc
Learner
Message 366 of 616
Message 366 of 616

ugh.

Ok, you win.

Systems engineer out.

lcl
Inhabitant
Message 367 of 616
Message 367 of 616

hi Rickard,

may i know is the touchscreen problem fix in this update, 14.2.A.1.136? or the next update? any ETA?
Enthusiast
Message 368 of 616
Message 368 of 616

Okay, so I have flashed the .136 provided by androxyde it's the BAL version. I have to say that the touch problem is greatly reduced in this FW. Tried reproducing it on a flat surface and on my bed (issue appears immediately here on my case) and on my hand. On .290 issue is really there as stated by all users who have this problem

But suprisingly, I have tried reproducing the problem with all the methods and especially swiping and gaming. Guess what? the problem is still there BUT it's really hard to notice and I can play now with my phone and use swype. It seems that the screen has been calibrated in some way. If I had the problem I just lift my finger for a fraction of a second and then problem is gone and will rarely appear again.

I saw it also in touch test and multi touch test. In multi touch test the screen blinks if the problem is occuring but after lifting my finger for a second and touching and swiping again, the problem is gone. I have tried it on my bed since that is my best way and the fastest way to reproduce the problem. Issue is barely there.

All in all the update worked fine for me, I dont know if this is the case for other people. I hope theirs will be fixed too and this fix should be retained in kitkat since this the first time in 3 months that I have used my z1's potential. I hope this helps

I really hope that when we update to kitkat this fix will be retained since this really solved the touch issue.

Adviser
Message 369 of 616
Message 369 of 616

@brapi2 : Thank you for a good review. Also hope 4.4 will be the final fix for this!
Rookie
Message 370 of 616
Message 370 of 616

Tmobile, Z1s, USA

I just updated to 14.2.C.0.159 - After the initial bootup after installing the update, the screen appeared to be behaving the same way.  I rebooted the phone, and the problem appears to have vanished.  I'm going to continue testing throughout the day.  I really hope this did the trick because I love the phone otherwise.