account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Visitor
Message 421 of 616
Message 421 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

!! TEST FOR PROBLEM !!
Go to settings>about phone>diagnostics>test device>touch screen
Press test
Turn display off (power button)
Put one finger on display (keep it there)
Turn display on (power button)
Unlock screen without lifting finger
This should cause it to skip
Visitor
Message 422 of 616
Message 422 of 616

I should mention that this has to be done quickly as the test is only 10 seconds and use a second finger to unlock.
Visitor
Message 423 of 616
Message 423 of 616

**bleep** I posted too soon. Did this test with my T and it skipped even though I don't have a problem with the touch screen on that phone. Sorry but the above test doesn't prove anything.
Enthusiast
Message 424 of 616
Message 424 of 616

I think the lack of a response from Sony tells us all we need to know. This is my first flag ship phone. I will be putting friends off buying Sony. A good touch screen is essential. Feels like a cheap phone and it's an embarrassment in front of others just trying to use it . I shall no doubt wait to see if kit kat sorts it but based on how widespread the issue appears to be I doubt it. Samsung will be my next call. On a long contact though... Wonder how many people I can put off over 2 years!!?
Regular
Message 425 of 616
Message 425 of 616

@up

You are totally right. This is an absurd. No information at all, certainly last phone from Sony. It's a pitty that I have bought Z1 for my last savings in the belief that this phone will serve me for 4 years without problem. I must say that I feel cheated.

One time poster
Message 426 of 616
Message 426 of 616

OK, Just bought the Z1 for 2 days, Can't believe that the touch screen problem is so annoying for me to play games like puzzle and dragons or muti-touch screen games. I wonder why I need a such high grade smartphone to send whatsapp, sms, and cellcall. That was a ridiculous bug and can't stand at all, not even happen in early century smartphone. Hope that Sony can face and solve the problem ASAP.

I still can't believe I am using my old Galaxy S2 for playing games and the LASTEST Z1 for whatsapp!!!!

One time poster
Message 427 of 616
Message 427 of 616

Z1/Z1s touch screen fix coming in Android 4.4 Kitkat firmware update (no timeframe)

I spoke with Sony support for about 20 minutes on Tuesday and they confirmed the issue and that a fix is coming. It will be part of the Android 4.4 Kitkat update for the phone. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for it. I compiled all the details I had from Sony, here and XDA and posted them here: Sony confirms issue with Xperia Z1/Z1s touch screens and coming fix with Android 4.4 update

I wound up returning my and my girlfriend's Z1s phones due to the issue. The local T-Mobile store said they've been getting other returns as well. I'm bummed as I really liked the phone, even with the slightly dull screen.

Learner
Message 428 of 616
Message 428 of 616

İ think issue reduced its hard to reproduce but not completely fixed.
Regular
Message 429 of 616
Message 429 of 616

Ok, Android 4.4 KitKat released today for Xperia Z1, Z1 Compact and Z Ultra. I'll be waiting for this updated... Anyone can confirm if using this software release the touch problem is fixed?

http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2014/03/19/new-sony-software-upgrade-including-android-4-4-kitkat-rolls-...

Enthusiast
Message 430 of 616
Message 430 of 616

It is unlikely that a software solution will completely fix the issue, but it might make it better. Not sure if this is good news or bad news, because if it just masks the problem it's bad news... if it occurs ever once in a month it would be OK though.