account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Adviser
Message 371 of 616
Message 371 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

@bobsnu1 wrote:

Tmobile, Z1s, USA

I just updated to 14.2.C.0.159 - After the initial bootup after installing the update, the screen appeared to be behaving the same way.  I rebooted the phone, and the problem appears to have vanished.  I'm going to continue testing throughout the day.  I really hope this did the trick because I love the phone otherwise.

Which verson is this one? we were expecting .136 and now you come out with an entirely different version which seems newer. Where can we get it? is it only for T-mobile?

Adept
Message 372 of 616
Message 372 of 616

I'm pretty sure 14.2.C.0.159 comes on all the Z1S models. That's how mine came.

Adviser
Message 373 of 616
Message 373 of 616

@Rob02150 wrote:

There is some wrong information here: First you said that you have just updated to that version, now you say that version came with your phone. And in any case I have never read about that version number. Can you please tell where to find it?

One time poster
Message 374 of 616
Message 374 of 616

It also updated to this version on my z1s too. Might only be on tmobile version. Either way, I still have the problem, so don't worry about not having it.
Regular
Message 375 of 616
Message 375 of 616

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Ok guys, I made some testing, and these steps to reproduce are not right. That «problem» also happen with other phones/tablets.

Please, check this app to evidence the problem on this post, I still got the problem on my phone:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ru.tpyxa.android.multitouch

BTW you can also try google maps, zooming in and out and twist. The problem is still there. Or just try to write swiping the finger.

You can compare the Multi-Touch test app on different phones, you'll see the difference.

I already tried the app on:
- Xperia ZL
- Motorola Moto X
- Motorola Motosmart Me XT303 (The only phone with weird results, both touch points are detected but it use a mean to indicate only one touch point when you put them at the same height or width)
- Samsung Galaxy Ace
- Samsung Note 8

I really like to hear that some users got fixed this problem with the last update, I will try a reset on my phone and see if the problem is some configuration.

And about the software, Z1 users have a different numeric version to Z1S. So we can't compare versions.

Adept
Message 376 of 616
Message 376 of 616

@Rob02150 wrote:

There is some wrong information here: First you said that you have just updated to that version, now you say that version came with your phone. And in any case I have never read about that version number. Can you please tell where to find it?

When did I say I updated to that version? Confusing me with someone else.

Rookie
Message 377 of 616
Message 377 of 616

@pergutierrez - I think it's just the american tmo version of the phone.  I didn't see what version number it was before I updated the phone.

Touchscreen problem is still occuring, although it doesn't seem to occur as often.

Adviser
Message 378 of 616
Message 378 of 616

Bad news for me. I Flashed the new .136 version and nothing happened, still the same issue. I have to do nothing to replicate the error, it is still there as nothing has been done. MAJOR FAILURE SONY!!! this Z1 device is just a pile of debris!!!

Enthusiast
Message 379 of 616
Message 379 of 616

Amazing news, once gain. My phone is finally ready to pick up from service. And get this, they took 30 days and haven't repaired anything. They did a factory reset and said the issue is gone. Which is exactly what I told them when I brought it. That I've done 3 factory resets, which seems to fix the issue for a while until it appears again. Yet another month was lost because of this phone. I sincerely hope that I will be able to reproduce the issue on the spot via that method with the touching of the metal frame. Then I will demand my money.

I really, really want to be done with this. About 3-4 months of time and nerve wasting.

Inhabitant
Message 380 of 616
Message 380 of 616

I have problems with this phone on first day of use. I give it to my kid to play with it, buyed a galaxy note 3, problem solved. I will never buy a sony product, neither o tv, PlayStation, or any other product. Tochscreen, Camera, Yellow backligh, visibility angle, Display problems stay black resuming stand by, Whorse speaker incorporated, drains battery when i use Facebook. The support from sony is 0. I newer seen such stupid support center, here on forum u dongt get help from nobody, we are just a bunch a stupid ppl that sony steal our money for crap products. Have a nice day all of you. and if u want to solve your problem trow this z1 crap and get another brand phone, anything is better than this Z1 crap.