account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 331 of 616
Message 331 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Well, my phone has been in service for about 24 days now, and I have gotten no response from the retailer whatsoever. So, practically, I haven't been able to use my phone normally and joyfully ever since it was bought - in late October! It's a disaster. October, November, December, January, all wasted in dealing with terrible customer support and waiting for a fix.

They say this is the first time they've heard of this issue (a complete lie), that this was caused by the user (another lie), and that we 'shouldn't install 3rd party software from the google play store and just use to stock software'. South Korea have already issued a law that FORBIDS companies to make their bloatware undeletable. And these people here are telling me to only use bloatware. It's really a distaster and I feel quite offended and wronged.

If the retailer somehow find a way to screw me over and decline replacing or repairing my phone - I will have to deal with Sony directly. Another two, three, or more months lost. I utterly regret this purchase. Slightly frowning Face

Learner
Message 332 of 616
Message 332 of 616

I just purchased a Sony Xperia Z1s a little over 24 hours ago. Within a few hours I noticed this issue, and since going through heavy configuration and frustration, did research on this issue and made a video-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg6griRNC80

I'll be going back to T-Mobile to discuss this.

Sony Xperia Z1s touch screen problem I have an intermittent issue with the Xperia registering prolonged touches on the Z1s. The issue mostly comes up when I'm using swype type input with the keyboard, unlocking the phone, and dragging and dropping items. I've been using touch phones and tablets ...
Learner
Message 333 of 616
Message 333 of 616

Is there a z1s specific thread or forum where my post from above should go?

Adept
Message 334 of 616
Message 334 of 616

Your issue is what this thread is about Ryan.

Message 335 of 616
Message 335 of 616

Ryan,I think soon Z1s section will be on the forum,just wait a couple of days more.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 336 of 616
Message 336 of 616

It does not appear anyone has given a solution for the touchscreen problem.

Today after work I will be going to the T-Mobile store and am switching to the Galaxy S4.

I'm amazed at the contribution to this thread and other forums on the internet that have exhaustively outlined this very real issue, and Sony has been completely quiet about the problem.

And then to release a new phone with the same issue? Shame on them.

Message 337 of 616
Message 337 of 616

As I can see from that video,it seems a serious touchscreen issue.Maybe you should take the phone back.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Learner
Message 338 of 616
Message 338 of 616

My video doesn't look any different than the other videos posted in this thread, or across youtube, or across "those other" cell phone forums.

It is a serious touchscreen issue that seems to plague Xperia Z1 phones, which is such a shame because I just LOVE the phone otherwise, but the fact that it does that is a deal breaker for me.

I can't deal with the multiple unlock attempts, and not being able to use swype type keyboard inputs.

Message 339 of 616
Message 339 of 616

I know it is dissapointing to encounter such problems at a high end device.Most serious touchscreen problems has the xperia sp,the Z generation is not that bad.

Adept
Message 340 of 616
Message 340 of 616

Not that bad? Search YouTube and see all the videos. Even The Z1s has the issue. I see in an earlier post a few days back it states that it'll be fixed in the next update. Hopefully it is, if not then this will be my last Sony phone, which is a shame because I love the phone.