account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Rookie
Message 521 of 616
Message 521 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I can't believe that absolutely no one cares about what we say there. I sent my phone to be repaired last weeka and it came back just having been resetted... Sony: shame on you to treat customers like you do!

I send my phone to be serviced again... Let's see what happens now. If that doesn't work, I can assure you that will be my last Xperia smartphone and I will spread the word all around.

One time poster
Message 522 of 616
Message 522 of 616

Same problem here. It works after smacking the screen, which it doesn't really fix the problem as this happens all the time. Very Disappointed with Sony
Regular
Message 523 of 616
Message 523 of 616

hey guys....i tested it and now im sure its not hardware related. i rebooted the device  in safe mode and i recorded an 5 minute long 4k video while capturing pictures at the same time.then i putted oil on may screen and a lot of dirt and stuff and tested it.nothing happened,no screen issue,nothing.i scrolled 3 minutes without stopping and still nothing.then i rebooted my phone in normal way and the issue was there after 5 sec after unlocking my lockscreen. i think its about 3rd thirdy apps or wath or something software related...

One time poster
Message 524 of 616
Message 524 of 616

FIX!!!!!! I had the same problem. After testing the Device in difrent ways, I noticed the problem happend more often when touching the aluminum on the left side of the Phone. I replaced the shatter proof screen protector and bought a bumper case that covers most of the frame. Havent had any problems since After a week. I couldn't use the Phone for more then five min without the Touch screen going crazy.
One time poster
Message 525 of 616
Message 525 of 616

Same problem here. Should have gone with my initial suspicions. Have always hated Sony. Last mail on the coffin for me. Never buying anything Sony ever again.
Rookie
Message 526 of 616
Message 526 of 616

There is still no fix for this issue?

Bought the faster and better smartphone (when i bought it) that i cant use because its touch screen becomes unresponsive if i try to play games. 

Can i know if there are other xperia models with same issue? 

I Must avoid Sony products if there is no support for them.

I think its a software issue. It happends when the phone becomes hot and a a turn off/turn on again solve it, at least for a while.

Another question, anyone solved it setting lower max cpu clock speed in a rooted phone?

Visitor
Message 527 of 616
Message 527 of 616

Not being funny but I've used a case on my phone since I had it... For the benefit of others, this will not fix your problem.

Regular
Message 528 of 616
Message 528 of 616

Same issue, happens when there is a little smudge on the screen. I have to clean it regularly since it likes to go totally bonkers as soon as there's some thicker fingerprints etc on the screen.
Visitor
Message 529 of 616
Message 529 of 616

This is not the problem, my fingers are clean and so is my screen. I get this problem quite consistantly after the screen has been on for between 5-10 minutes.

A quick standby and back on again will fix it for another 5-10 minutes and then it happens again and the phone is the same tempreture so it is not a heat problem although the phone does get quite hot.

Inhabitant
Message 530 of 616
Message 530 of 616

I have some problem too... Please fix it sony