account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 431 of 616
Message 431 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I just dropped my Z1, broken screen, **bleep** built, unrepairable. 

Bought a new 4S, smartly built, repairable, better camera, cheaper, and has a working touchscreen

Never again sony, never again Android, lost 500€.

I am an engineer, I repair phones for fun (fixed hundreds of iPhones), i know what i am talking about

Highlighted
Adept
Message 432 of 616
Message 432 of 616

Should we send you a cookie in the mail?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 433 of 616
Message 433 of 616

WHEN WILL IT BE FIXED?

JUST UPDATE FIRMWARE TO 4.4, BUT THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE!!

TOUCH FIRMWARE IS STILL "d"

MAY I KNOW WHEN IS THIS FIX COMING?

thanks!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 434 of 616
Message 434 of 616

IT IS a hardware problem. A software can't solve this. Go to service , if they are unable to fix your device ask for a refund. I send my phone in service 3 times, after that i switch to galaxy note 3. Shame on sony. I would never buy a sony smartphone again.

Highlighted
Regular
Message 435 of 616
Message 435 of 616

Could you post more information about problem after 4.4 update? I'm from Poland where the update is not released yet.
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 436 of 616
Message 436 of 616

Hi, can you please tell me what did u said to the support so u can be refunded. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Learner
Message 437 of 616
Message 437 of 616

My wife has this issue, ive had it too but i reset my own phone(with the PC comp) and the problem never reappared. 

Im uploading a video to youtube right now and will try to reset my wifes phone a second time with the new FW.

If it does not work, its off to the repair shop.

Edit: Here is the error on my wifes phone... Keep pressing F and it starts pressing D.

http://youtu.be/McGnrGfVpq8

Happens from time to time in candy crush saga according to my wife. She then has to turn of and turn the screen on again.

Her vises en en feil som oppstår til stadighet.
One time poster
Message 438 of 616
Message 438 of 616

Hey guys. Please check out this thread at XDA about the touch screen problem:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51309352

I did this fix and never again has there been an issue Slightly smiling Face

Also, you don't actually need root to do this. Just create a new file in the root of your externel microSD card called 'Calibration.ini' and then shutdown the phone. You can also use 'calibration.ini' which does the same, I think Face with stuck-out Tongue
When it is rebooting, don't touch the screen. Only touch it when it is done booting.
Good luck!

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 439 of 616
Message 439 of 616

After latest update, touchscreen not working at all, cannot even answrr phone, can't even turn off!
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 440 of 616
Message 440 of 616

This touchscreen 'fix' is not really a fix. You will only mask the problem and make it extremely hard to reproduce, but your touchscreen will still be defective. I do not advise to do this. Better demand a replacement for your phone, or at least an official repair. You cannot fix a hardware problem with software, please understand this.