account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 401 of 616
Message 401 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

The disheartening part is that they will probably release a patch that 'fixes' the problem, while in reality it will probably mask it and make it harder to reproduce, and in turn harder to prove that there is such a problem when trying to get it repaired at the retailer. I was refused a replacement, or repair, as well as the right to have my money back. Now I have to deal with government agencies that deal with faulty retailers and such problems. I think I'll have to deal with this story for many more months to come. I really, really wish I never bought this phone.

One time poster
Message 402 of 616
Message 402 of 616

oh god it is so irritating when happen in middle the texting
exist some solution at date?

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 403 of 616
Message 403 of 616

Xperia Z1 touchscreen problem

i have the same problem.. i am unable to decide whether it is a software complaint or hardware's..

but i think it is software.. coz leaving the mobile aside for few minutes, or restarting the mobile is what it is solving the problem temporarily..

i believe SONY should take care of such errors and assist its consumers so as to not to leave bad impression of themselves. sketch-1392734031289.jpgsketch-1392716056015.jpgcheck these two paints which can show the fault in the device (may be Software).

instead of straight lines, see how the lines vary.. one is after restarting the device, other is when it is having the problem.

Visitor
Message 404 of 616
Message 404 of 616

yes, when in the middle of texting, when we got such a problem, it really irritates alot..

i don't know why sony is staying calm without responding or releasing any solution to it..

Regular
Message 405 of 616
Message 405 of 616

I got another Z1S for some reason and problem still exists.
Regular
Message 406 of 616
Message 406 of 616

Can we start a class action law suit?
Regular
Message 407 of 616
Message 407 of 616

I did learn something though. I encourage everyone to try it out. You know these "stylus" pens? 

http://www.amazon.com/Bundle-Capacitive-Stylus-Styli-Pen/dp/B0081V55SM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=139282...

They seem to perform better than my finger does.... 

So I'm wondering if it has something to do with the oils on your finger causing issues!!! I added a thin layer of facial oil (I know gross) and the problem reappeared with the stylus. 

Cleaned it off with rubbing alcohol and I couldn't recreate the issue! I think it may be oils on the finger. 

Adviser
Message 408 of 616
Message 408 of 616

I withdraw my previous statement that the 136 update fixes the problem. NO it DOESN'T. For some reason it showed up again today WITH A HUGE ENTOURAGE. I have no clue what triggered it and it's starting to get through my nerves big time. So disappointing, Sony, you're better than this.

lcl
Inhabitant
Message 409 of 616
Message 409 of 616

vahdyx

its not the oil on the finger.

i always hav clean fingers n screen. oily/dirty fingers n screen irritates me.

Visitor
Message 410 of 616
Message 410 of 616

Xperia Z1 touch screen problem

Dear sir,

are you aware of the problem in Xperia Z1 and also in many other handset models, the touch screen problem..??

if you are aware of it, can you please help to rectify/overcome it..??

Thank you..