account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Apprentice
Message 391 of 616
Message 391 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Sorry for the double post.

How do i do a software repair?
Highlighted
Message 392 of 616
Message 392 of 616

Download sony update service.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 393 of 616
Message 393 of 616

Bah.  I downloaded the software, ran it, did a factory reset through the software...

and we are still no go.  The screen still loses contact with my finger as I glide it up and down to unlock the screen slowly.  It gets so annoying when I click on links I meant to just scroll past.

-M

Message 394 of 616
Message 394 of 616

Take it to nearest sony centre.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Apprentice
Message 395 of 616
Message 395 of 616

Are you referring to Sony Centers as in the one that can be found on Madison Avenue in Manahattan?  If so, stopping by shouldn't be an issue.

-M

Message 396 of 616
Message 396 of 616

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I really do not know what you can find in Manhattan,but suppose that is.

Apprentice
Message 397 of 616
Message 397 of 616

Go visit the z1 compact forum guys, apparently this is oso an issue for the compact.

And some update for. 136 software, no this update does not fix the problem, it was ok on the starting few days, but now it happens just as often as the. 290 software

As this problem happens across all the z1 series, most probably it's a software/ firmware issue, but what we need is acknowledgement from Sony and clear response on when this will be fixed, I'm tired of the silence and vague replies
Enthusiast
Message 398 of 616
Message 398 of 616

Compact has the same issue? What a surprise...

Regular
Message 399 of 616
Message 399 of 616

Hi mates.. This is the never ending war ! 

After 3 times sending my Z1 to the service finally I got a new one as replacement here in Finland.

During the time waiting in the store for the new one I´d had time to check on the store´s desk a Z Ultra, Z1S and another Z1, SURPRISE!!! I checked the touchscreen and all have the same issue....

These phones have the worst screen from the market. There is not solution and any way to fix it..

Just changing to another manufacture...

Of course my new phone has the same problem... but I don´t want to spend more time and calls and emails just to get another **bleep**... just try to sell it or smash it to the floor...

Good buy mates... take care...

Apprentice
Message 400 of 616
Message 400 of 616

This is really disheartening. I'm definitely not going to purchase another Sony phone ever again. Come July I'm upgrading to another brand. Sorry Sony, scared away a potential loyal customer.