account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

One time poster
Message 381 of 616
Message 381 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

i bought my xperia z1 last friday and i have the same problem.. went to the service centre, they simply flash my phone and haven't fixed the problem

Enthusiast
Message 382 of 616
Message 382 of 616

My phone has been returned to me. The issue is now WORSE than before. I could reproduce it almost immediately.

The retailer REFUSED to accept this as a fault. They said they didn't know if this was normal. I am out of words at this point. There is no way to express my amazement with these people.

Someone from Sony, please give us instructions on how to send this phone to Sony for repair. Now it is very obvioust that I will have to pay even more money to have my device replaced, or even repaired. Please, help me, because I can't take this crap anymore. Excuse my language, but I reproduced the problem even with the phone's diagnostics utility (which is supposed to be hardware-integrated) and these people still told me it wasn't bugged. Only a criminal would do this, and these people are criminals.

It is obvious that I either need to contact our government's customer protection service (could take many months and could lead to a trial - they could bribe the judge as I live in Bulgaria and nobody cares), or send the phone directly to Sony, hoping that they will treat me with some credibility and not say that 'nothing is wrong with the phone'.

I am really amazed at this situation. It so.. wrong.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 383 of 616
Message 383 of 616

Any fix at all?
lcl
Inhabitant
Message 384 of 616
Message 384 of 616

i have let Rickard know that it does happen on the latest firmware 136.

he have already escalated this issue 2 days ago.

waiting for his good news on when the fix will be out.

Apprentice
Message 385 of 616
Message 385 of 616

I remember when the HTC Evo 4G had a similar issue but that was addressed fairly quickly after the release date.

Sony...please fix this issue.  This is my very first Sony phone but it's going to be my last if the deafening silence keeps up.  This is just...terrible.

-M

Learner
Message 386 of 616
Message 386 of 616

I returned my Z1s, went with a Galaxy S4.

It was very bizarre to be using a phone and it not jump all over the place regardless of where or what I was doing.

Apprentice
Message 387 of 616
Message 387 of 616

Haha. Well I wanted to avoid Samsung so I went with the Z1S. If it weren't for this screen issue i would literally have no complaints. I can't stand samsung's penchant for bloat and half working features.

Besides the one shot response a few pages back promising an update, i want to see a more actively involved Sony regarding this issue. Well at least I have Jump for T-Mobile.

-M
Enthusiast
Message 388 of 616
Message 388 of 616

Problem is addressed on .136 the problem is still there but cant be reproduced easily. Really hard unlike before the update. By checking the software on the touch panel, it has been updated from b to d
Adviser
Message 389 of 616
Message 389 of 616

I agree with brapi2. Installed the .136 update and did a software repair 2 days ago and I haven't experienced the issue since. But before i performed the software repair, the problem persisted, but not (never) after, at least in my case. So this really is (was) a software related issue.

Apprentice
Message 390 of 616
Message 390 of 616

I have a Z1S and the version is 142.2.C.0.159. I've been checking for updates for two weeks now. It's the an update it now?