account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Adviser
Message 351 of 616
Message 351 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

@ThomasS wrote:

No word on touch screen issue...

For those who read spanish, this is the description of the update

Incluido en este software

Esta actualización incluye muchas mejoras para tu teléfono inteligente Xperia™, por ejemplo:

• Google Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)
  • Optimización del funcionamiento general y de la interfaz de usuario
  • Experiencia gráfica más refinada
  • Las mejoras de seguridad más recientes de Android 4.3
  • Nueva interfaz de usuario mejorada para la aplicación de email

For those in English, the Bold part means: Optimization of general performance and user interface. (I hope this addresses the problem we are having)

Adviser
Message 352 of 616
Message 352 of 616

The update has been released only for Baltic region. Here is the link where you can download the TFT

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Z1s/Xperia-Z1-4-3-14-2-A-1-136-update/td-p/535291/page/2 

Rookie
Message 353 of 616
Message 353 of 616

Z1S here, on T-Mobile in the States.  Same issue.  How can the customer service reps say, "we've never heard of this issue" - but yet, this thread dates all the way back to October?  I have one more week to decide whether or not I should exchange this phone.  I love it, and would hate to give it up.  I'd be pretty upset if I forked out almost $600 with an underperforming touchscreen.  I'm financing mine so the blow doesn't seem quite as hard.  I really hope this is a software related issue, going to call support tomorrow.

One time poster
Message 354 of 616
Message 354 of 616

Z1s from tmobile here. Same problem. Specifically screen does not recognize long press so icons can't be selected moved or deleted. Same problem: tmobile says they have no knowlwedge of anyone else with this problem, please at least be honest tmobile! Anyway exchanging mine as soon as i can get back there.

Regular
Message 355 of 616
Message 355 of 616

Hi

Ok, I have an Xperia Z1, I just updated my phone to the latest update (14.2.A.1.136) released yesterday using Sony PC Companion.

Still same issue, you can reproduce it doing this:

- Open a paint app (anyone, I used Sketch or SkectbookX from Adobe)

- When the app is ready lock the screen

- Touch the screen with a finger and keep it in that way, then use the power button to power on the screen

- Witch another finger beside the one that is touching the screen, unlock the screen.

- When you start to move the pressed finger to draw the line wil be intermittent

I don't know if the problem will be fixed with the Kit Kat update (Android 4.4). I hope so, because the Sony support guy told us that was a software issue and that a software update will be released to fix it.

I don't think that this problem is related to the aluminium border, because as some users said the Xperia Z1S from T-Mobile in USA had the same problem, and that phone doesn't have an aluminium border.

Some people mentioned that using Antivirus software or resetting the phone can help... But that's not true (Please, Android is on Linux, just stop thinking that is Windows). This is a Software issue or hardware, but no configuration issue.

BTW, if we want to trace if the problem is related to hardware we (everybody who post here)  should post some hardware information, in my case:

Model: C6903

Android version: 4.3

Kernel version: 3.4.0-perf-g8330588

Compilation number: 14.2.A.1.136

IMEI: 3580910565617XX (last two numbers were hidden)

Serial number: BH90DBYM06

My phone was distributed in Sweden but I'm in Colombia.

Learner
Message 356 of 616
Message 356 of 616

I have a Z1S that suffers from the issue. I plan on swapping my phone out for a Galaxy S4.

Model: C6916

Android version: 4.3

Kernel version: 3.4.0-perf-g33139a8

Compilation number: 14.2.C.0.159

Regular
Message 357 of 616
Message 357 of 616

Thanks ryahn, can you please post the Model number, this is really useful to trace batch of models.

BTW, I just created an spreadsheet on Google Docs, I'll put every data that you post, and also If you have access to other Xperia Z1/Z1S phones please test the phone and post the information.

You can check the Spreadsheet from here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoT6dtEg-0QFdEZ0cklKTXN0UlFrTTlWT2tReXVpekE

Highlighted
Learner
Message 358 of 616
Message 358 of 616

You may mean serial number. I don't want to share the serial, also I don't think it would be useful.

Since this issue spans z1 and z1s, and it's so wide spread, it's most likely not some specific batch.

Adviser
Message 359 of 616
Message 359 of 616

@darkhole : have you experienced the fault under normal use (lock screen, swype, gaming) - not some artificial test after upgrade?
Learner
Message 360 of 616
Message 360 of 616

@ThomasS How is what he did an artificial test? If it can be produced in his application when trying to produce it, it should come up with normal use. There are guys that can make this issue come up all the time, with a high degree of accuracy, but just because they're trying to make it appear and are quite good at making appear doesn't make their conclusions somehow false because it wasn't a realworld situation like an unlock code.