account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 341 of 616
Message 341 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Fingers crossed that this problem will be resolved. I hope that Sony can sort out this huge issue since z1s is also plagued and the possibility that the alu frame causes trouble is crossed out since z1s has a plastic.

I bet the z1 compact will also have this issue

Enthusiast
Message 342 of 616
Message 342 of 616

"Not that bad"?

Anyone who uses their phone as something more than just a phone will tell you that's wrong. It's not 'that bad', it's more like unusably bad. Every single mobile gamer will agree with me. It's impossible to play games with this problem. Even if it appears rarely - nobody will ever tell you it's "not that bad" if they know how to handle a phone.

The retailer didn't seem to get that. This problem makes this phone absolutely worthless. The retailer asked me why don't I buy a phone and just 'use it as a phone'. Well, you know what? I didn't spend 500 euro + so that some old, uneducated guy can tell me what to do with my device. I didn't play 500 euro for a freaking phone, I paid it for a freaking computer. And that is what I would have gotten, have I spent 500 euro on a real smartphone.

I don't know about business that much, but imo Sony aren't making good moves with this.

Talent
Message 343 of 616
Message 343 of 616

I got the refund of my Z1 yesterday after numerous and constant followup along with escalation to Sony India. SONY BYE BYE. No more SONY phones unless they come up with quality product not S H I T.

One more lesson learnt - Don't buy phones immediately when they are launched ( not atleast from SONY)

Enthusiast
Message 344 of 616
Message 344 of 616

True, never buy a sony gadget again. They have already turned a blind eye on this issue.All they want is our money anyways. 

Message 345 of 616
Message 345 of 616

So here is my new experiment. I installed mcafee protection back. Kept the setting to full scan everyday And at the time when i generally don't use my phone. After this i played dead trigger 2 (because only then zombies make your finger most busy on touch screen lol) almost an hour without single time touch isuue. Didn't wipe cache, didn't reboot from 3 days, device got heated up while playing but no touch issue like before. ( well not even single time). So people check my experiment which i explained above and report back.
One time poster
Message 346 of 616
Message 346 of 616

I just got a new phone, because my old one got the same issue. The brand new device now also suffers the same problem. I think, its something on all Z1. There has to be a software update soon.

Learner
Message 347 of 616
Message 347 of 616

I don't think this is a software issue, I think the issue is hardware.

Adviser
Message 348 of 616
Message 348 of 616

Indeed I think it is hardware. I have reset my software many times and even try a custom rom with root. Nothing, the same, the only thing I can do to make the bottom screen sensitive to touch is rub it hardly against my t-shirt (creating a lot of static) and then I have one single touch available.

@ryanh wrote:

I don't think this is a software issue, I think the issue is hardware.

Adviser
Message 349 of 616
Message 349 of 616

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 350 of 616
Message 350 of 616

@ThomasS wrote:
http://www.androidauthority.com/xperia-z1-z-ultra-updated-341204/

No word on touch screen issue...

It appears listed in sony website but it is not available yet in the phone or PCC.