account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 321 of 616
Message 321 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

mine works when touching the frame but as the video illustrates above, I still encounter the problem both touching and not touching the frame. random zooming and interrupted lines

in short the screen goes crazy

One time poster
Message 322 of 616
Message 322 of 616

Most annoying is trying to swype with it. Mine is going back this Saturday. Now here is all that with swype...most annoying is r tong to use sweep rayon it or with it.mi if I'd going ban this day yr da at
Commissioner
Message 323 of 616
Message 323 of 616

Found a blog Inadvertently  listing all the problems of Sony Xperia Z1 problems and also give the solutions, i know a lot about the display problems after reading the blog.

So share with you, hope can help you sometimes.

http://www.witrigs.com/blog/list-of-all-problems-of-sony-xperia-z1-display/

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 324 of 616
Message 324 of 616

thanks for posting this but no specified resolution for the touch problem. mine is getting worse every day.

Regular
Message 325 of 616
Message 325 of 616

I called Sony again reporting the issue on my 6th phone. Their respons was, "this is the first time I've heard of this"

I'm starting to think that's what they're trained to say. 

I referenced my number on the claim and they read the documents. WHY AREN'T THEY COMMUNICATING. 

Well needless to say, I'm done! I will never buy a Sony phone again!

Adviser
Message 326 of 616
Message 326 of 616

I am quite convinced that the problem is software related. When I clean my phone's cache using Clean Master, the problem doesn't show up for a couple of hours, or even days. Or even resetting the phone kinda helps.
One time poster
Message 327 of 616
Message 327 of 616

Same thing here... Hungry Shark Evolution is simply impossible on the Z1. Starting to really miss my S4... Can someone from Sony who administers this forum comment? Perhaps those nice Sony people who introduced themselves on the welcome forum... Extremely poor customer experience so far...
Regular
Message 328 of 616
Message 328 of 616

Sony, could you please tell us what is going on?! This problem is really frustrating!
Enthusiast
Message 329 of 616
Message 329 of 616

Based from my experience, prolonged touch on the screen triggers the problem. Furthermore, it also happens when there is a rapid tapping on the screen.

Touch somewhat overloads and messes up. Temporary remedy is not to touch the screen for a few seconds but WTH? we cant do that since we're playing intense games here.
Adviser
Message 330 of 616
Message 330 of 616

My problem does not need any trigger, it is always there, in the lower part of the screen, just where the last 2 rows of the keyboard are. Strangely, with swype keyboard is not so evident, so it fai from time to time, while in drawind or other aplications, this part of the screen is completely useless.

Nevertheless, a strange thing happens, sometimes, when I rub strongly the screen with fabric and I am isolated from ground, it allows me to make one touch in that zone that works, I would say then that if I charge the scrren with static charge  it works until the static is discharged.