account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Regular
Message 311 of 616
Message 311 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Sp the problem isn' t the aluminium body of z1... I think z1s hasn' t aluminium body..

Rookie
Message 312 of 616
Message 312 of 616

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 313 of 616
Message 313 of 616

I think that method was just for those who removed the asf. 

so even the z1s has the same problem, Sony is in trouble big time with this. 

Regular
Message 314 of 616
Message 314 of 616

Maybe this (problem of z1s), is showing that it is not a hardwware problem that caused by metal body.. Hope it 's software related..

Enthusiast
Message 315 of 616
Message 315 of 616

We all hope that the problem is a software glitch but most likely it is hardware. 

Regular
Message 316 of 616
Message 316 of 616

I encourage everyone with Z1S issues to call T-Mobile and Sony Xperia Care!

I called today and they said "We haven't heard anything" on both Z1S. So not sure how you guys are reporting info with the Z1S, but apparently both T-Mobile and Sony aren't aware of issues. 

They for some reason have the Z1 issues in their database, but they haven't done anything about it seems. They said you can return it to warranty and get it inspected. 

Enthusiast
Message 317 of 616
Message 317 of 616

My retailer said the same thing... "You are the first person to complain about this problem!"

That, of course, is a lie. I'm quite sure they tell it to anyone, simply because they can. What I am really worried about here, is that they might 'mask' the problem via software filtering. So the issue might not be there, but videos and tests have proven it is hardware. I hope we manage to find a way to reproduce it, even if they 'patch' it, because I really want to have this thing fixed. Masking the symptoms of a hardware problem is not an acceptable solution, is it?

There is chance that we are wrong, and it is really somehow caused by bad software. But I would require an explanation of why does this bug occur when the user touches the metal frame of the phone, and then doesn't occur when it is not touched? If someone can give a vialable explanation of how that can be just due to software, I am willing to read it and consider it.

Regular
Message 318 of 616
Message 318 of 616

This is well spoken, I support that. At least  a Sony official has acknowledged our problem - and I think they know a lot more about it than they admit right now. I hope that they stop to treat their customers like children - if you see how Sony moves towards developers and publishes sources of their work  - how goes that together with that behaviour which will lead to bad reputation. People with an expensive, not working flagship phone will not be quiet.
So I hope for more dialog - and a repair and not a cure or symptoms.

Regular
Message 319 of 616
Message 319 of 616

Sony support is terrible I've called in 3 times now. 

Each one of them saying, this is the first time someone has complained about it. Then I tell them to pull up my account and they're like oh, you've called in about this. 

Anyway, I've given up completely, I absolutely loved the Sony Xperia Z1S, but it's unusable really. It's unreliable to the point I worry about it. 

I shouldn't need to pay $530 and worry about it. It should be functional!

Regular
Message 320 of 616
Message 320 of 616

Mine has exactly the same issue ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cf6ON8kl9v4 ).It doesn' t matter if i touch the metal frame or not. I use a silicon case so i don' t touch it often... What is your production date of your phones? Here you can check it.. there is another small drawer under sim' s drawer.. mine is 13w37
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/02/evu5yma8.jpg