account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Adviser
Message 301 of 616
Message 301 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Mr. Richard thank you for your reply. Did sony find that is a software problem? Do you have any information? Thank you in advance!

Adviser
Message 302 of 616
Message 302 of 616

Yes, my cell phone is registered in Greece, and I am in Colombia, they only give local guarantee. It is incredible fo rme to believe but sony guarantee is not global, so it is almost "forbidden to travel with your equipment"

Adviser
Message 303 of 616
Message 303 of 616

@ Rickard. Please tell us the date for the update that allegedly solves this issue. I expect it real soon.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 304 of 616
Message 304 of 616

I understand that this problem can be solved by software. Because the information of the tactile sensor is obtained by electrical differences on the capacitive screen, when any inside area of the screen is touched or when the area enclosed by the sensors are touched too. Sometimes the sensors are placed outside the visual area of the screen . This is a multi -touch screen to ten simultaneous touches. Is possible that the interpretation of the electrical variations is not recognized correctly by the software and the aluminum frame can create some interferences to the touch sensors. If so , this can also be corrected by ignoring some information from some screen positions or correcting the algorithm of interpretation of the electrical variations data. It should be a design error too large for this can not be correct , since touch screens are tested under many conditions and environments of use . So I think it is not a malfunction of the touch screen, but are a poor calibration or a bad algorithm.

Rookie
Message 305 of 616
Message 305 of 616

Same problem (c6903). From Russia.

One time poster
Message 306 of 616
Message 306 of 616

I really hope so. But in this case, why there are people with z1 without this error? And people who changed their z1 and got one working fine? Shouldn't all of them have this bad programming?

Visitor
Message 307 of 616
Message 307 of 616

The same problem here! As some people said the problem is still there after the replacement of digitizer from service. So yes it is possible to be gone after an update. I think that all here will be very happy if it was possible to have an eta for that update as Rickard said.

Regular
Message 308 of 616
Message 308 of 616

I have also the same issue.. My serial number starts with BH908*** . I think that is important to write our serial numbers to indetify if all or some of them have the issue. Maybe all z1' s have the problem, but sometimes it' s a bit difficult to detect it. For example mine touch is getting "insane" after using the scroll down-up at browsing with the same finger for about 10-15 minutes..

Rookie
Message 309 of 616
Message 309 of 616

Here is BH90E**

Adept
Message 310 of 616
Message 310 of 616

Haivng the same issue with my Z1s. Just got it today. Very annoying especially when it acts up while you're using swype.