account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 251 of 616
Message 251 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I finally managed to return my phone for repair today. This was so depressing. The support person there literally saw me swiping the touchscreen and it was easy to tell that it's making chopped movements, activating apps when you swipe over them, etc. He tried to tell me this is normal! Can you believe this?

He basically said it's most likely a software issue and that it's obvious I have installed other apps on the phone than what it came with. He asked me, get this: "Why can't you buy the phone and just use the software that it already has on it?". I asked him "Why don't you buy a PC for 2000 $ and use only the stock Windows apps you have on it?". He said that was different, lol. I am so sorry that I have to deal with this. One of the biggest wastes of time and nerves I've had.

The support person then continued to say that if it was indeed a software issue caused by me, they would make the customer pay for the service, which quite frankly tops everything. Imagine if they actually went that far as to try and make me PAY MORE MONEY FOR THIS DEFECTIVE DEVICE.

I don't know what I can do to protect my rights anymore. At this point I even expect them to **bleep** up my phone in service and say it was me. Nothing will stop them from rooting it and then saying I rooted it in the first place. How would I even be able to prove anything like this if they decide to do it. So far the Xperia has been the worst experience I've had. I know it's not Sony's fault for the way I was treated by these idiots, but it's Sony's fault for letting me have such a broken device with so many issues for so much money.

Enthusiast
Message 252 of 616
Message 252 of 616

Very unfortunate, I have also sent an email to support here in my country and no reply! They dont even know where is the legit Service Center! **bleep**?! Very poor service! this will be the last Xperia device and Sony device. It's a shame that QA fails and they even hired stupid people! 

Enthusiast
Message 253 of 616
Message 253 of 616

I also forgot to mention that this guy there went as far as to make fun of people who decide to test their waterproof phones. He ridiculed them, saying someting like 'and if I tell you how many times someone buys a waterproof phone and the first thing he does is submerge it in a swimming pool...'.

Can you believe this? Sony actually advertise this phone like this (and another one where someone is making a video of 2 people underwater) in a swimming pool. And this support guy insisted that such people are stupid and have no idea what they are doing. He was flabbergasted by the fact that anyone would do this. This is what I learned from this person:

- Never install absolutely anything on your Z1 other than the crappy bloatware stock apps it comes with.

- If you have touchscreen issues - you are not being gentle enough with your device.

- If you are being gentle and still have touch issues - your device is simply overloaded by all that extra apps you downloaded from Play Store. You most likely created this issue, not Sony in their factories.

- If you buy a waterproof phone and test if it's actually waterproof - you are a complete idiot who has no idea what he/she is doing in this life.

- Google Play Store is the most dangerous place you can be - do not ever use it, even though it's freaking INTEGRATED INTO YOUR ANDROID DEVICE. Yeah.

- Internet tech forums and official support forums (like this one) are full of lies and useless information, and most of all - stupid people who have no idea what they are talking about.

This is what I was told by the support staff in the retailer's office.

Please note that what I've written above should not be believed by anyone. People that work as support and talk like this are trained to make you believe you are the reason your device is not working. His job is to make it look like it's my fault. Overall, this whole thing feels like a huge, world-scale scam to me. But gladly I know where I am - Bulgaria - so this is actually normal here.

This brings me to believe that even if I send this phone to an official Sony retailer - they might just do the same. Make me pay for all the transport fees, then tell me my phone is fine, or that I caused these 20 problems with extra apps. Even though the phone was insanely bugged from day one, the day I unwrapped it. I literally feel robbed.

Please, someone from Sony, tell me what should I do to receive the working phone I paid insane amounts of money (for a phone) for.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 254 of 616
Message 254 of 616

Took the words exactly out of my mouth broko. There are so many stupid people (support people, tech people and salespersons!) **bleep**?! What are they thinking about their customers? Their cashcows? That even if its not our fault that the device is **bleep**ty, they make us pay even more!
Message 255 of 616
Message 255 of 616

So i hit my z1 on wall. Display gone mad. Gave in service center. They replaced it with new z1in a week. No touch problem anymore.
Visitor
Message 256 of 616
Message 256 of 616

Get my Sony Z1 two weeks ago. I am from germany and I got this touchscreen problem after a few days.

1. I NEVER ROOTED

2. I NEVEER USED A CFW

3 I NEVER USED NON CERTIFIED APPS

4. I ONLY INSTALLED A LITTLE NUMBER OF APPS

And I got this problem. Many Z1 user in germany have this problem. In the forum android-hilfe.de we discussed the problem and for sure: it is a hardware problem.

Things like this could happen. No problem so fare. But i hate it, when companies are trying to deny such problems. I want an official statement from Sony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visitor
Message 257 of 616
Message 257 of 616

I am so glad I am not the only one with this issue. I first noticed this issue with the lock screen on pattern what it would do is register the pattern as 1 single press rather than one swipe)( if that makes sense so it would pick up each and every individual dot as a pattern rather than the swipe. However recently it stated to do it during a game (real racing 3) I have not got advice from Sony as I will be selling the phone and going back to the apple platform. I can't watch half of the online stites that would work on my iPhone yes there are some things I do prefer on the android and I do love the look and feel of my z1 but for some of the issues I have had I think it's not worth it.
Going back to topic, I think it's too do with the phone over heating as the phone works so perfectly when cool but if the back gets hot(especially in a case) the phone startd to have all sorts of issues dropping phone calls, bad signal during Phone calls, unresponsive touch screen, is quite bad tbh
Visitor
Message 258 of 616
Message 258 of 616

You should of said to that bloke then why are u charging as much as other devices? why are u charging extra and advertising for a feature that I can't even use??! That sounds like fraud to me...
Enthusiast
Message 259 of 616
Message 259 of 616

Sony will never post here and simply acknowledge the problem for their "premium" device! **bleep**?! Even service centers charge for more when sending for repair! The overall aftersales experience is horrible!!
Adviser
Message 260 of 616
Message 260 of 616

What we (Peopel who suffered) can do is to Spread the Word .!!

1. Post your faults in SONY facebook page/post
2. Whenver they post advertisements on facebook, comment about deffects and cutomer experience
3. Do the same in youtube channel 
4. Tweet and creat blogs about this scam

Let the world know how SONY treat their customers and how deffective their products are. 

p.s- I was fanboy ,, But you made me the biggest hater.. Someday I will sue this company for sure (When I have money)