account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Regular
Message 241 of 616
Message 241 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

HI, After two weeks waiting for my phone from SONY SERVICE CENTER here in Finland It is already here. Last Monday 30th i went to collect it from the shop... This was the second time i sent it to fix and AFTER THREE DAYS OF INTENSIVE USE I can say looks FIXED.

First was sent to a small company to fix it but they could not do it soo they sent it after that to SONY CENTER IN FINLAND.

SURPRISE, they don´t told me what was the problem. I must get contact with SONY to ask about it ... 

But really looks they´ve change the touchscreen and the digitizer. Before  the screem viewing angles were much worse than now so i guess they have change it.

One time poster
Message 242 of 616
Message 242 of 616

Thanks guys for this thread! Next week I was going to change my Galaxy S2 to an Xperia, but now I know to stick to good old Samsung. Thanks for saving my sanity. Shame, as Z1 was my dream for the last 3 months.. 

Especially a month ago A MODERATOR promised to reply and nobody from Sony gives a s*** about the issue.

Adviser
Message 243 of 616
Message 243 of 616

Re: expire z1 touchscreen problems

Okay First of all I'm not a Xperia Z1 owner , BUT I had a Xperia U few months ago, following is my story with SONY 

As many knows Xperia U had a touch screen issue. Not only that Xperia Sola too had a touchscreen problem. In that case it was hardware issue. We had to replace touchscreen to get it worked (3 of myfriends faced with this issue and replaced touchscreens). First time I replaced the touch pannel and it only worked for 5 months, issue came again .!! I had to replace it again and I was managed to sell it for a very low price. Problem was hardware in XU case. Sony never accepted their failure but us, cutomers faced a really hard time. Now also I feel afraid to buy and use a new device. It's kind of depressed feeling Slightly frowning Face SONY's design/manufacturing issue has cause me a mental shock actually Smiling Face with Horns

Anyway I was amazed to see Z1 facing such an issue. Please guys give up your hopes on forum staff. They will not provide a good solution unless it's a software issue. Try to find whethere it's an HARDWARE or SOFTWARE issue.. 

Just know who you are dealing with Slightly smiling Face it's SONY ; make but don't believe 

One time poster
Message 244 of 616
Message 244 of 616

When playing games like dead trigger 2 and mc4 touchscreen doesn't responds continuously for sometime but alternately and also while scrolling web page down it zooms in slightly and also issues like overheating, yellow hue, battery draining quickly while playing games. Fingers crossed that sony will fix it asap.

Talent
Message 245 of 616
Message 245 of 616

**bleep** Sony will not acknowledge this because they will lose in millions with repairs and lawsuit. Common SONY you are **bleep** cheating customer rectify the problem and reinstate the faith in SONY product. If the issue is not fixed I am not going for any SONY products . SONY you are a cheating company anf fraud.

I am sure this post will get deleted Face with stuck-out Tongue

Adept
Message 246 of 616
Message 246 of 616

Sony is cheating all Z and Z1 clients. And probably lower down the product line also.

It ignores Z users with self cracking screens and will ignore you too.

You need to alert media, consumer watchdogs, etc.. The only way these lying bastarts move.

In Netherlands, the national watchdog made them change self cracking screens so they

only did it there. These are cheaters. They won'd do whats right on their own. They need

to be forced. Either alert media, review sites, watchdogs, lawyers, or don't bother 

complaining in the forum alone. Sony doesn't give a rat's **bleep** what you post here.

**bleep**, they like it if you vent here, instead of at the market watchdog. 

Use points of pressure. Bad press and legal tools. Rest is futile.

Talent
Message 247 of 616
Message 247 of 616

I have the same problem but it seems that it is because the screen gets hot when you use the phone more than half an hour or play games
Enthusiast
Message 248 of 616
Message 248 of 616

Sony does not give a **bleep** about their customers. Even service centres don't acknowledge the problem! as long as they make sales even knowing that their product has some issue they dont care! 

It's always about money and aftersales is really crap! 

Adept
Message 249 of 616
Message 249 of 616

Most definitely a hardware problem. Got my Z1 exchanged and still encoutering erratic touchscreen. Doesn't matter if it's in case, with or without screen protector. I can usually reliably reproduce the issue if the phone is on my bed, and I'm using it lying down. After some usage (perhaps 15 minutes or more), the touchscreen issues start. I do notice the phone is warm, and the problem does go away if I let the phone cool down.

Not impressed, but not going through the trouble of sending it in for repair. My next phone will not be a Sony. It's unfortunate that there has been no response from Sony in regards to this issue. It seems to be affecting many owners of the Z1.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 250 of 616
Message 250 of 616

One way to (maybe) get attention is to give the OP - And the poster who posted the XDA - how to reproduce error - Kudos - so that they get past the Staff on the right Winking Face