account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Enthusiast
Message 231 of 616
Message 231 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

brapi2 did you try to send your phone for repair to the retailer at all? Because if you have normal warranty (like most of us do) you can get your phone fixed. They can't legally refuse to fix such an issue, given that you have a 'working' warranty, of course. Nobody will come here to admit anything, the best we can do via forums (other than help each other, that is) is to try to get heard and maybe push Sony into the direction of handing their affairs with more care. Who knows what happened to these Z1 units... I seriously doubt that they designed them to be faulty right out of the box. Maybe they didn't treat assemblers and testers well and this is their payback? I don't know, but what I do know is that generic warranty covers this problem and they have to either fix or replace your device.

Enthusiast
Message 232 of 616
Message 232 of 616

@broko have you brought yours for repair? what happened with your unit? is it fixed? I'm planning to do that but even a single email I did not receive from Sony support. Dealers also don't know the Service centre for xperia. They also direct me to laptop service centres and TV not Xperia smartphone

Apprentice
Message 233 of 616
Message 233 of 616

I had an xpera z1 i spend near to 4 days in my carriers office in Mexico for apliying warranty i got my phone doa 3 times and all 3 have the same issue easy way to probe is a static hardware issue is to use cotton sheets rub the phone and use pattern lock with and without a finger touching the aluminium frame. glass an aluminium are the best static conductive materials and im 100% sure as an electronic eng. That as more static the phone is xposed more will be the damage and more easily it will fail i have 3 hours of video testing i have analized them and is really sad from sony to have a mayor design flaw like this static is number 1 enemy of electronic devices it creates currents in mobos and chips that are unwanted i changed my last z1 for a note 3 cus my carrier rep got mad because sony didint accept the doa touchscreen to them so they are losing money even the phone got hidden in the store behind decoration cus they dont want to sell it anymore they told me that that was not the only issue they got lots of doas with cracked screens black screens yellow hue tint and lots of touch screen issues in thevtime i spent there i saw 5 people claiming doa on touchscreen also and the saddest part is thst even with 257 firmware i took pictures with my note 3 as good and even somethimes better with my note 3 abd un low light just needed to disable ois and use lowest iso to reproduce the low light pics i was very proud with my z1 never buying sony again.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 234 of 616
Message 234 of 616

You're lucky that even retailers admit the issue.. Here in PH as long as they have sales its fine even if the product is faulty they dont care about their customers

Visitor
Message 235 of 616
Message 235 of 616

I have been waiting for the official reply for more than 1 month.

A staff said that he will update the thread. I have posted the link here before, but now the post seems DISAPPEARED.

Here is the link:

talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1/Z1-Touchscreen-issue/td-p/434537/highlight/false/page/3

They have deleted the post? 

I will wait for the andriod 4.4 update. If it can't solve the problem, goodbye sony.

Adviser
Message 236 of 616
Message 236 of 616

I used to experience the touchscreen issue fleetingly when my Z1 was running 4.2.2. Usually a phone reset would solve the problems and it wouldn't return for the next few weeks. After 4.3 upgrade however, it seems that the problems have got worse! Now i experience the touchscreen prob almost everyday!

Anyone encountering the same thing? Has sony come out with any solution for it yet? It really affects swyping, gaming and even simple things like scrolling through a webpage becomes extremely disruptive

Adviser
Message 237 of 616
Message 237 of 616

I used to experience the touchscreen issue fleetingly when my Z1 was running 4.2.2. Usually a phone reset would solve the problems and it wouldn't return for the next few weeks. After 4.3 upgrade however, it seems that the problems have got worse! Now i experience the touchscreen prob almost everyday!

Anyone encountering the same thing? Has sony come out with any solution for it yet? It really affects swyping, gaming and even simple things like scrolling through a webpage becomes extremely disruptive.

Enthusiast
Message 238 of 616
Message 238 of 616

Definitely the problem is troublesome and Sony does not care at all. Even a statement as to whethere it is a hardware or a software fault.

With this, it's more of a hardware problem rather than software since they ignored this thread while addressing others much like with the yellow hue issue.

Apprentice
Message 239 of 616
Message 239 of 616

I have the same probleme with my Z1. It has had this probem since day one. It appears randomly but quite frequently. It is particularly noticeable while playing games (very annoying) but also makes pulling down notification bar difficult or unlocking, texting, scrolling annoying etc...
The fact that the problem appears in all apps makes me think it is hardware. I think it has something to do with static electricity or ground isolation.
I had an iphone before the z1 and never had the slightest problem with the touchscreen. This problem is unacceptable for such a high end phone.
Lets just hope it is software and a solution can be found. If it is hardware i doubt sony will ever exchange the phones, in my opinion thi
this would cost them too much, and anyway i suspect all z1 are concerned for the moment so no use asking for an exchange right now.

Regular
Message 240 of 616
Message 240 of 616

It seems that someome has a possible solution.
Full root and unlocked BL is required.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=49015527