account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 211 of 616
Message 211 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I dont think the proximity sensor has something to do with it since proximity sensor is just for calls when you place the phone in your ear and for the auto adjustment of backlight. I dont think it's configured somehow to affect the screen 

Apprentice
Message 212 of 616
Message 212 of 616

I recorded for like 30 minutes of test had the issue only twice and both of them were when my finger touched the upper black bezzel of the screen
Enthusiast
Message 213 of 616
Message 213 of 616

It has already been shown in videos that you can reproduce the issue with at least 80% success rate if you touch it over the metal frame which is between the screen and both side panels. It has nothing to do with proximity sensor. It has something to do with electicity. And I think it is possible for the phone to electrocute a person very lightly, which should then open some ground for legal action.

Enthusiast
Message 214 of 616
Message 214 of 616

Hi broko, did you manage to get a replacement? i had replaced my screen guard with a cheapo one and it managed to  remove the problem by 80%

Adviser
Message 215 of 616
Message 215 of 616

Finally got things sorted out, and got my Z1 back in use after repair.
So far - no occurrences of the touch issue! So it looks like they've nailed the root cause of the fault! Slightly smiling Face
Apprentice
Message 216 of 616
Message 216 of 616

Please tell us if it comes bacl
Apprentice
Message 217 of 616
Message 217 of 616

Enthusiast
Message 218 of 616
Message 218 of 616

Confirmed that this is a hardware problem.. 

Enthusiast
Message 219 of 616
Message 219 of 616

Sony Service Center in PH **bleep**!

Just sent an email to sony PH and its been 2 weeks and still no reply from any representatives about the touchscreen issue of my z1.

I only have the manufacturer warranty since I bought the phone online, I'm scared to send the phone to the shop since they will charge me money for the service and parts if ever found faulty, I just dont get why the F? thwey will charge me even if it's not my fault that the unit has some problems?

I'm just asking also Sony Moble PH and they haven't got back to me, just asking to what decent shop can my phone be brought for repair since PH has a bad reputation concerning repairs since once your phone comes back, they have already charged you with a huge amount then the phone becomes worst and parts are missing!

It's really frustrating that no one cares regarding the repairs, why they cant answer even a single email? so i doubt that they can also repair my phone because answering a single email is easier. It's such a shame that I'm in PH and Sony service **bleep** so bad here 

One time poster
Message 220 of 616
Message 220 of 616

I too have a same problem while playing games