account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Regular
Message 201 of 616
Message 201 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

unfortunately, you are right - but as seen in the pointer speed thing, software can ease the issue  - just let me hope that it will be fixed to an unremarkable grade ;-).

Enthusiast
Message 202 of 616
Message 202 of 616

Guys, don't make the mistake of 'easing' the issue - this problem will fry your SD cards. Bad ground means electricity running around where it shouldn't. This phone already fried my 16GB class 10 microSD card. You might ease the problem, but at what cost?! Bring your phone for repair or replacement.

Enthusiast
Message 203 of 616
Message 203 of 616

Issue is still here after the update.. Sony fcked us big time with a hardware issue
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 204 of 616
Message 204 of 616

Sony, all we want here is an acknowledgement and a fix to this issue. Knowing the fact that some people are fully unaware of this issue because they are not experiencing it, means that not all Z1 handsets suffer this problem, probably only Sony's loyal early adopters. If the respective department is investigating this issue right now, please give us a heads up of its status. The 4.3 update has been released yesterday but apparently the issue is still present, since 14.1.G.1.518 ( three software versions before 4.3 ). This clearly means that this is a hardware issue.
The Xperia S yellow tint display has been properly acknowledged and fixed, why not do the same for the Z1? I am no Apple fan here (I recommend Xperia devices to all my friends), but this example is worth mentioning. Manufacturing issues have been found and acknowledged on the iPod Nano 1st generation. SIX YEARS later Apple recalled and exchanged early adopted devices with 6th generations due to overcharging issues, for free. Sony can hopefully do the same for their Z1 and SP devices.
So Sony, please take action to this issue and fix it. If you guys are on it already, an official statement regarding this problem would be pleasing.
Apprentice
Message 205 of 616
Message 205 of 616

too bad, i have updated to 4.3 and the issue is still there, most probably it's a hardware issue and they're gonna just stay silent instead of acknowledging the problem,

oh and more bugs for z1, similar as xperia 2011 series, camera quick launch not functioning everytime, sound enhancements failed, bla bla bla,

i wonder, is it really an improvement? what a laugh stock.

Enthusiast
Message 206 of 616
Message 206 of 616

My camera quick launch is also bugged and works only sometimes. This whole phone is a joke. If I have to list all the problems I had since day one, they would be more than 20, of which at least 1/4th are serious dealbreakers.

Enthusiast
Message 207 of 616
Message 207 of 616

update using SUS and select update and factory reset. Everything works fine. No Force closes and lags. just the annoying RAM consumption since the only free is 700+

Message 208 of 616
Message 208 of 616

Finally i hit my phone in wall while playing game. I couldnt control anger. Phone display is off and giving bad colors . Phone is now in service center.
Apprentice
Message 209 of 616
Message 209 of 616

i have a c6096

i use it a lot, no problems at all  in daily use

only when i do diagnostic. have to test it like 20 times to reproduce it

i an important thing is it ocurried with a flip case on it

and i think, in mi case it has something to do with the proximity sensor.

Apprentice
Message 210 of 616
Message 210 of 616

i have a c6096 i use it a lot, no problems at all  in daily useonly when i do diagnostic. have to test it like 20 times to reproduce it i an important thing is it ocurried with a flip case on it and i think, in mi case it has something to do with the proximity sensor.