account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia z1 touchscreen problems

Regular
Message 161 of 616
Message 161 of 616

Re: xperia z1 touchscreen problems

I also face this problem. I would be happy for an official statement from Sony. The phone is really up to my expectations, but this hard- or software bug is really annoying. So come on, Sony officials, get a grip and and show some interest in this problem and and in your customers.
I guess I speak for all here, an official statement would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for putting some energy in solving this issue, dear company.

Enthusiast
Message 162 of 616
Message 162 of 616

My device has no Sony warranty since i bought it from an online store and refuse to replace the product after 3 days.. Now it really is unfortunate.. No issues aside from this touchscreen curse
Adviser
Message 163 of 616
Message 163 of 616

@brapi2 : Try to contact Sony Mobile directly, if the shop does not offer warranty - Sony still has a 1 year limited waranty.

Enthusiast
Message 164 of 616
Message 164 of 616

Well they wont accept the device since i dont have the sony warranty slip
Visitor
Message 165 of 616
Message 165 of 616

Hello guys, I have read about this problem and I found that you have to disable "Auto brightness" to fix this problem, and 'cause of poor Sony's calibration  screen poorly reacts, or don't react to touches when you put this phone in flat.

If disabling "Auto brightness" won't work it can be software or hardware related problem.

Regular
Message 166 of 616
Message 166 of 616

Sorry, disabling "Auto brightness" (an Lichtverhältnisse anpassen) does not solve the problem for me. And I don't believe for anybody else - unfortunately....
I would like to hear the opposite ;-). But here's still the interupted lines in the "skizze" app.
sketch-1386699128556.jpg

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 167 of 616
Message 167 of 616

I hope 4.3 update fixes this problem. If not then goodbye Sony since this problem is hardware related.

Learner
Message 168 of 616
Message 168 of 616

The problem has been solved after disabling the automatic brightness. thank you very much!
Enthusiast
Message 169 of 616
Message 169 of 616

Turning off the autobrightness does not fix the problem as this also happens when im holding the phone
Learner
Message 170 of 616
Message 170 of 616

is true. me again fails again. :-(