account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia u wifi problems

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

Re: xperia u wifi problems

Thanks for the tip lanka007, but I already have nothing under "/data". Not even subfolders "../misc/dhcp".

@ others - So, I have the same problem and it started after I updated to Android 4.0.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

data folder cannot be empty . are you rooted...?

root explorer-> data-> misc->dhcp is the place..... I searched up and down the whole internet. reset my phone. updated firmware of router... to no avail only above solution helped.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

That explains it then. No, I have not rooted my phone and I'm not going to, because I do not wish to loose warranty.

I called to Sony service and they told me it just not going to work anyway (that is their opinion) and only way would be to "slow down" the router. According to them the warning of losing some features when updating concerns also wifi that will work "slower" on Android 4.0. But I do not have control on routers around public places, which pretty much means it is not an option for me.

Now I probably will bring my phone to local warranty service and ask them to downgrade my phone back to Android 2.3. After all, there are not that many new fancy features on Android 4.0 what I would miss anyway.

@lanka007 - But I have to admit how little interest the Sony service seem to give on this issue, especially if and when your solution actually fixes the whole issue so easily. They also said there are millions of phones sold, and therefore few cases reported on forum does not prove anything. Not very good service from Sony, I must say.