account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia u wifi problems

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

xperia u wifi problems

ok so my xperia u got updated to the new ics on monday (build number 6.1.1.b.1.10 android version 4.0.4) and now i cannot access my home wifi

however i can access others. it just seems to be the one where i done the update over.

when i connect to the wifi it is ok until i go into google play store or even just connecting to anything that needs the a stong connection

it then shuts the wifi down which then has a knock on effect to the laptop that is connected through the homehub.

the phone was working fine until this update. i thought it was a great phone until this but now thinking i should have stayed with htc!!!!

has anyone else had this problem with ics update and do you know of any plans to fix it!

any information would be great

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: xperia u wifi problems

HI i have exactly the same problem, wifi works 100% for a maxumium of 2 mins, then dies. And make the whole network shutdown i also have a homehub 3. however i restart the hub and the computers work fine. but it doesnt solve the phone. if you right click on the wifi icon on your pc and trobleshoot sometimes windows manages to fix the network by "reopening the defult gateway". before the ics upgrade it work perfectly.

torie wrote:

ok so my xperia u got updated to the new ics on monday (build number 6.1.1.b.1.10 android version 4.0.4) and now i cannot access my home wifi

however i can access others. it just seems to be the one where i done the update over.

when i connect to the wifi it is ok until i go into google play store or even just connecting to anything that needs the a stong connection

it then shuts the wifi down which then has a knock on effect to the laptop that is connected through the homehub.

the phone was working fine until this update. i thought it was a great phone until this but now thinking i should have stayed with htc!!!!

has anyone else had this problem with ics update and do you know of any plans to fix it!

any information would be great

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

I read that doing a factory reset in settings or repair the phone via pc conpanian or sony update service can fix the problem, however it will delte all personal data

Demigod
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

Its a wifi router settings problem. Change the authenticaltion type of the router between WEP and WEP2 and it should work with one of em.

Please mark Correct and Helpful answers and you can also visit my blog at: arnabghosal1989's Blog

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I tried repairing it through pcc n also tried factory resetting it but the problem is the same the wifif works for 2 mins and then dies.Any other way of fixing this problem ????

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

ok and how do you go about changing them settings??

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

i have also contacted sony about this and now they seem to be ignorin me!!

Highlighted
Demigod
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I have never faced the problem before but changing the authentication type of the router should be easy and info available in the router website/google.

Please mark Correct and Helpful answers and you can also visit my blog at:arnabghosal1989's Blog

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

ok reset pjone and that hasnt worked. seems to be worse than ever now. oh and how do you change this from being an assumed answered question?

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

YAY nothing worked but this worked for ma:

"if you have acces to root, try to delete everything in folder "/data/misc/dhcp"..worked for me"