account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia sola notification sound problem

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

xperia sola notification sound problem

The notification tone of my phone stops ringing after some time.i have to restart phone to make it work again but after few hours it again stops working

i have tried reinstalling phone's software 3 times by sus and i had repaired my phone twice via pc companion.but it was of no use

kindly tellme ho to get rid of this problem.it is very disappointing to restart phone after every2-3 hours..

9 REPLIES 9
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: xperia sola notification sound problem

In that case I suggest that you contact your local support team to have it examined and fixed at an repair center.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/contact-info/

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

johan according to your advice i went to service centre.

the service personnel told me that it is a software problem many people are having it,

he asked me to wait for a new firmwaare to be released or he will revert my phone back to gingerbread.

now tell me if i revert back to gingerbread then warranty will be there or not??????

, and when when will the next software will be released t osolve these problems

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

You won't risk your warranty if you have the repair center downgrading your phone.

One time poster
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

I am also facing the same problem , performed all kind of reparis SUS, PC companion , Data reset nothing is working . Notification for facebooks works fine but for SMS, watsapp and service response message the sound doesnt appear but simply vibrates. Once restarted everthing works fine but after making calls or listing song on speaker the notification goes offfffff.....Dear Sony please provide a fix ASAP

One time poster
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Hello,

I have a Xperia Sola notification sound problem: sometimes it doesn't make sound when I receive messages, but suddenly it begins doing it, and then it stops making sound again... and so on and so on.

What's happening? What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Visitor
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

hey..iam from apk..the warranty that you are telling is not applicable here because sony is not launched officialy here in pakistan
the sound problem of my xperia sola doesn't seems to be the problem of handset..but it looks like a problem of ics update or firmware..a huge problem that makes a handset faulty and annoying for user
plz give an update for xperia sola so this sound notification problem get fixed..
iam using 4.04 (ICS) and with build number 6.1.1.B.1.10

One time poster
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

frnds..i have found a workaround for this problem..the issue is because of the USSD code running after we make a call. So what we can do is set default notification tone to silent and keep separate notification tone for your text messages, email, fb notifications, gtalk etc by individually going into the setting of the respective apps. It will work fine after that. The defect is not a Sony one. It is present in all android ICS devices and hence it is google to be blamed.

One time poster
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi there Grinning Face
Look my Xperia sola sound stopped for everything (no music, videos ,ringtone or any app sound) people sending messages or calling me and I can't hear it because there is no sound coming out so please help Slightly smiling Face
One time poster
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

did u find a solution?