account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia sola horribly slow....

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

xperia sola horribly slow....

Hi

I bought my xperia sola 3 years ago but since 6 months its ultra slow. To open an app like whats app takes 20seconds sometimes, same for the camera app. Its almost impossible to take pictures. I also get the "run out of disc space" message when iam in picture mode, but i have more then 500MB free disc space.

I did a complete reset on my phone which deleted everything, it was working then for a few days, but now i have the same problem and i just installed 3-4 apps on it. Nothing special..,,

Is there anything else i can do? I also set the phone to 1 background process but that didn`t help.

Thanks for every help.

Jan

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: xperia sola horribly slow....

3 years ago it would have been fine but over time app developers make apps more defined and larger in size because they can do more now than they did 3 years ago so this accounts for your device running slower due to the extra app size and need for process speed

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

i partly aggree as the technology changes so quickly, but as i said i have really simple apps running like "whats app" and "dictionary" or a "tube map". That`s it honestly. I am not running expensive game apps or anything similar. I use my phone just for taking calls, taking pictures and occationally to browse in the internet, that`s what i did 3 years before and i think nothing has changed since then.

Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

@Janshao

You could try to look for older versions of the apps and avoid the latest app updates. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)