account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

xperia s stuck

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

xperia s stuck

pls help...! i have had a poblem with connecting my xperia s to my pc (vista) for a while now, as it just say s 'usb device not recognised'.  i can not find a solution to this problem. but now i need to as when i turned my phone on this morning it wont go any further than the xperia logo in the boot up process. when i use pc companion to try to repair the phone it doesnt detect it.. 

pls help! any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated. ta

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: xperia s stuck

Try the basic, force restart the phone > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > charge your phone for 1 hour then try again 

if that doesn't work then 

run PCC > follow all the steps to repair it > turn off your phone > connect your Xperia S 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: xperia s stuck

Hi msd1986,

You may also want to try an alternative PC to perform the software repair on the device, as this may be related to the drivers on the PC other then the handset.

Let us know how you get on with the software repair.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.