account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia neo V - OS issue - Keep Restarting

One time poster
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

xperia neo V - OS issue - Keep Restarting

Hi ,

I have Xperia Neo V,recently i have updated the OS to 4.0.4, but after some days started facing some issue when i switch off my device & restared it.

it contineously showing the log screen only not booting properly . device keep restarting it. i have again updated the os with same version.now facing the same issue. this time i have turn on the bluetooth & it starts showing the same error.

please suggest me the solution for the same , can i downgrade the OS.

-Vipul

18 REPLIES 18
Demigod
Message 2 of 19
Message 2 of 19

Re: xperia neo V - OS issue - Keep Restarting

First try to repair the phone software:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know if you are still having this issue after the repair of the phone software.

One time poster
Message 3 of 19
Message 3 of 19

They always say the same.  Why don't just call developers and tell them? they don't have any contact? So, how they gonna help?  Is a known error from months ago, what is happening?  VipulR , you better use flashtool to go back to Gingerbread, this guys will tell you to go local service repair to get it back to Gingerbread.  Stay away from Sony Stock ICS, full of bugs, and remember this: They don't care, you already paid.  P.S. Sony Support Guys are useless just as the developers are

Visitor
Message 4 of 19
Message 4 of 19

my phone keeps on restarting aftre i install android 4.0 using pc companion. i cant open it. 

Visitor
Message 5 of 19
Message 5 of 19

how can you repair if it keeps on restarting?

Commissioner
Message 6 of 19
Message 6 of 19

Take out the battery and reinsert it, Don't turn on the phone and do what uliwooly said Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 7 of 19
Message 7 of 19

i already try to take out the battery but its still the same..

Visitor
Message 8 of 19
Message 8 of 19

Experiencing a similar problem with an experia V; two software upgrades and the suggested software fix were totally useless; returning the handset tomorrow_ wonder what they'll do now
One time poster
Message 9 of 19
Message 9 of 19

Hi

I also have this problem on my Sony Xperia Neo V. When I turn on my phone its show Sony then Xperia after that it restart again and again. I already try to use PC compenion bt I can not connect my phone with PC Compenion. i thing my phone OS was crased. Now that I am doing. plz somebody help me.

One time poster
Message 10 of 19
Message 10 of 19

Thanks!!! Slightly smiling Face