account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia m2 problems after 4.4.2 update

One time poster
Message 1 of 46
Message 1 of 46

xperia m2 problems after 4.4.2 update

I updated my M2 last week and since then i have had nothing but problems with it. My battery life has decreased dramatically going from 5 days without charge to 2 days i have to do a factory reset twice since the update google play store,gmail and other apps keep force closing. The bugs on the update are unbelievable. Please take a look at the update and sort it out with a bug fix update plz

45 REPLIES 45
Message 2 of 46
Message 2 of 46

Re: xperia m2 problems after 4.4.2 update

You can try a software repair which may help you:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Commissioner
Message 3 of 46
Message 3 of 46

Ne patient...a new update for M2 was certified yesterday and probably fixes the existing bugs..
http://www.xperiablog.net/2014/08/27/minor-update-certified-for-xperia-m2-18-3-c-0-39-and-m2-dual-18...
One time poster
Message 4 of 46
Message 4 of 46

Hi!

I want to buy a M2, but i'm hearing that here in brazil, some people are having problems with the signal that become totally lost after the kitkat update.

Do you know something aboult this? And if i'm going to have problems if i buy one M2 and update to kitkat here in brazil?

Sorry for any mistake on english..

Adviser
Message 5 of 46
Message 5 of 46

I instaled the version 18.3.C.0.37 for my Xperia M2 D2306 to Android 4.4.2

but now I have some problems

Google now is not working fine, it doesn't understand my comands

Cellphone is working slower then before

I use the phone with the company CLARO in Brazil

Anybody have the same problem?

Thanks 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 46
Message 6 of 46

@brookesey89 wrote:

I updated my M2 last week and since then i have had nothing but problems with it. My battery life has decreased dramatically going from 5 days without charge to 2 days i have to do a factory reset twice since the update google play store,gmail and other apps keep force closing. The bugs on the update are unbelievable. Please take a look at the update and sort it out with a bug fix update plz

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Problem scenario:

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr:
Build number:

Message 7 of 46
Message 7 of 46

After update my Sim card is not reconizible.

Please help i have to use my phone EMERGENCY!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 8 of 46
Message 8 of 46

Buglist after KitKat upgrade. D2303

Hello,

me and other users noticed some major bugs in KitKat 4.4.2 on Xperia M2.

- Stock Sony Camera is max 7MP (on JB 4.3 it was 8MP)

- Sound in youtube and some other apps is not synchronized with video (around one second delay)

- Battery drain is bigger and bigger after few weeks of using phone (almost no apps installed, Stamina enabled)

please @Johan or someone, send this to sony developers to make an update for KitKat.

One time poster
Message 9 of 46
Message 9 of 46

Kitkat Updates | Xperia M2 | 9-8-14

Good day everyone,

Hi, I'm a xperia m2 d203 user from the Philippines. However, kindly address my concern for the kitkat upgrade. 

1. 3rd party lockscreen - the power key didn't work anymore to lock the screen. So I uninstalled it.

2. Auto-adjust brightness - I double-checked my settings, and restarted my phone, but It won't work

3. walkman player - when i lock my phone, the walkman player stops playing music for about 10 seconds, and re-play it again then stops again. 

I find these bugs peculiar but kindly take immediate support for this one. Maybe others might encounter this kind of problem. Thanks Sony! 

Visitor
Message 10 of 46
Message 10 of 46

Re: Kitkat Updates | Xperia M2 | 9-8-14

I also have the walkman problem, auto-brightness doesn't work optimally

even when I'm in the dark the brightness is not set to minimum, and the walkman player cuts off randomly

I also have a problem with my mic, it is very quiet, so much that i have to hold the phone right to my mouth to activate the 'ok google' command