account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia acro s dead for months

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

xperia acro s dead for months

My Xperia Acro S has been dead for months. Ive tried a lot of things to revive it. The problem is that:

1) red light when charging, both on wall and usb cable connected to computer/laptop

2) reset button not working at all (pressing volume + power)
3) my laptop does not recognise the phone, no matter what, so no hope when using pc companion or the update service

4) the red light doesnt blink. it's just constantly red (? lol)

5) i tried so many things from forums and none work

6) we dont have SONY repair centre where im from (im from Brunei)

please help Slightly frowning Face

6 REPLIES 6
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: xperia acro s dead for months

Try performing a system repair - This will factory reset your phone

Switch off your phone and unplug from Pc (Hold volume up and power for around 10 seconds)
Start PC Companion and select Support zone then Update my phone/tablet then in Blue Repair my phone/tablet and follow the onscreen instructions - When prompted connect your phone still switched off holding volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat process

If you are using Windows 8/8.1 or a 64bit operating system then adjust the settings for PC Companion and run in compatibility mode and chose Windows 7 or XP

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Emperor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Try this

Connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up for 10 seconds > let it charge for 2 to 3 hours, even if it doesn't show any sign of life, let it charge. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

ok, gonna give it a couple of hours to charge. what do i do after that?

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

If it does turn on then repair it with PCC if it doesn't then contact your local Xperia Care

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

it diidnt work and we have no local Xperia care here.. Slightly frowning Face thanks anyway! Slightly smiling Face

Emperor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Anytime, keep us updated