account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

xperia P won't switch on

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 25
Message 1 of 25

xperia P won't switch on

I woke up in the morning, picked up the phone, unlocked it and it said "power off- phone shutting down" and now it won't switch on! i have tried charging it (it has more tha 30% battery) from PC, wall chrger, other micro cable and pressing buttons simultaneously. The small red LED blinks and nothing else happens! The phone is hardly a week old. I did not do any updates, installed a few common apps like games (angry birds, cut the rope), instagram. So disapoointed! what should i do? I need to take a backup of my pics and videos, only if it switches on for a few minutes Slightly frowning Face

24 REPLIES 24
Commissioner
Message 2 of 25
Message 2 of 25

Re: xperia P won't switch on

Try to hard boot once 7 see what happens.

To do so,

Press and hold both the volume up key and the power key for five seconds.

After your phone vibrates once, release the keys. The phone restarts automatically.

http://www.sonymobile.com/in/support/faq/xperia-p/system/how-do-i-restart-my-phone-when-it-does-not-...

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 25
Message 3 of 25

have been doing that since morning, doesn't work! Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 4 of 25
Message 4 of 25

I had experienced the same bug. My phone was only 2weeks old since i bought it (Brand new). When I switch it on, the logo "xperia" appears then restart and the logo appears again and again. Pls tell us what to do.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 5 of 25
Message 5 of 25

Hi.

I had this problem and i found that by holding the power button and the up volume button you get one vibration, but keep holding and you should then get three short vibrations, then let go.

Then just press the power button on its own and it should start.

One time poster
Message 6 of 25
Message 6 of 25

im having some touble too, my phone is also used for 1 week and and it take so much of time to charge , and some times it stops charging aftr like 30%. what can i do for this.
even if i charge over night it'l charge like 70%

Learner
Message 7 of 25
Message 7 of 25

Perform a Repair with SUS. All the data that are stored on the Internal Storage will be kept. Meanwhile everything on the Phone Memory will be wiped such as SMS, Contacts, Calendar, etc. You can get your Contacts back if they are synced with a Server such as the Google (Gmail).

As suggested by others try the Hard Shutdown and power it on first. If it doesn't work, give the SUS a go Winking Face. If STILL doesn't power on after the Repair take it to a Sony Center, it might be damaged...

One time poster
Message 8 of 25
Message 8 of 25

I got the same issue couple of hours ago, was surfing the internet, felt the phone a bit lagging, turned it off, tryed turning it back on, and the little red light blinks. Doesn't charge when connected to pc or wall charger, can't enter fastboot mode nor restore mode. SUS is useless since the phone is not turning on, tried the power button + volume up and nothing happens, just the red let blinks and that's it. Battery was about 45% before I turned it off.

Phone not rooted nor bootloader unlocked. using latest update from Sony: 6.1.1.B.1.54

any suggestions? or the phone is dead and I should get a new one Slightly frowning Face ?

Learner
Message 9 of 25
Message 9 of 25

Send it for repairs if you are in the warranty and can't repair it with SUS.

One time poster
Message 10 of 25
Message 10 of 25

Here in Syria we don't have official Sony shops, so I have no warrenty. In the end the damage is done, but if Sony wants to keep a place in the market they shouhld fix few stuff. I used to own an Arc S

I did lots of things to it that could really harm it but yet it survived for a year, I unlocked the Arc S boot loader, overclocked the CPU and used custom Roms, used to charge the battery before it's empty and rarely let it drain till 0%, it made me feel like I was using nokia 3310 Dizzy Face no matter what you do to it, it still works greatly :smileygrin:

Anyways I will see what I should do with it, the phone shop said it's a burned CPU, the made a test on the board and concluded that the CPU is damaged, don't know if it's true but I don't have any other option Slightly frowning Face

Though it was a great device despite the issues it had.