account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

xperia GO sd card

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: xperia GO sd card

also the sd card works directly in the pc

Adept
Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

If you want to access SD card from both pc and phone at the same time us Media transfer mode (MTP) If only access from pc then Mass storage mode (MSC).
Dont blame brand if you havent mastered to use it yet. On first time i also struggled when somehow it was switched to MSC but 5-10 mins of searching made it clear for me.
Edit: BTW once my pc didnt connect to sd card also in any of the modes, phone restart fixed that.

One time poster
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Amazingly, the Russian version of this phone model are exactly the same problem.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

It isnt my fault that after following sonys advice it still didnt work. now it works after me resetting the phone a few times

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

The german too... You can't read or write the SD card directly from the PC. And yes, the MSC is on an the phone says "SD card connected"... I tried it several times in several ways on several PCs. In other phones the card works properly. I hope the next update will fix it up.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Can you explain more clearly. I'm still confious.

Thank you.

I get same problem that the damaged sd card.

I have follow your instruction but i'm confious in MSC (On your phone > settings > xperia > connectivity > MSC)?

On my phone until connectivity part, there are install PC companion, USB connection mode, trusted Devices. Then where is MSC?