account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

won't turn off..! HELP!!!

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

won't turn off..! HELP!!!

i was transfering files from my micro SD card using file commander when suddenly it shiwed this message 

"file commander is not responding. would you like to close it? wait or OK"

i pressed wait and waited for 1minute for it, but nothing happened. when you press and hold the power button, the screen just blacks out like what it used to but it doesn't let you access your phone.  i tried calling my phone but it doesnt even reguster on the screen but it was ringing.  i'm not a techie person so i badly need help!

please! please! please!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: won't turn off..! HELP!!!

Hold down on/off button and volume up until you feel a vibration (phone will restart)

Hold down on/off button and volume up until you feel 3 vibrations (phone will turn off)

Any better?

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I just had a similar issue where I was using a media app and my phone just froze, would not charge and would not power off or recognize any typical commands. This solution worked for me though and I am up and running once again.

One time poster
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I have a Sony xperia Z ultra. When i decide to turn off my mobile it doesnt trun off completely. Let me explain. i hold the power button and select power off. It turns off and the screen goes black for 5 seconds then again it comes back up with "SONY XPERIA" for 5 seconds and again goes off. It keeps repating this continously. i never stops. "Sony XERPIA" screen on and off. This might be weird issue but i could never see my phone turned off completely. i tried to factory reset and still doesnt fix the issue. 

Can Sony experts advise me what can be done. ?