account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

what's going to be done.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

what's going to be done.

I purchased the z2 through vodafone.
It had a faulty front camera, so I got the experia z3
And sent the z2 back to get repaired.

Apparently sony didn't fix it and just replaced it with a brand new one(awesome)

I pick up new handset,get home.charge it up.
For a joke,I test camera..
Back camera doesn't work...
Brand new,not even 2hours old.
So i called my provider, they said go pick a new one up. And I got declined and was told it has to be sent to Sony for repairs...
(it's brand new. 2nd faulty phone in a row. Urged me to upgrade to z3)
And they won't replace it,because Sony has to see it first.(they should have tested it before sending.it. I thought.it's standard)
It's cost me alot of my time. And petrol going back and fourth to sort my phone out.
Yes it's through vodafone.
But it's a Sony product.
And sony makes the repairs and decisions.
How can you not bother to fix my old phone and send me a brand new faulty phone.and sony has to see it first before replacing it again.
3rd time.
I said I don't want another phone now. And they said they can't do nothing until sony sees the phone..

I almost want to return my z3, tell them to stick the z2 and go get a different brand.

It's crap, two faulty phones in a row.
No apologies.
And throwing the blame.

Still a z2 down.
Z3 is awesome though.

3 REPLIES 3
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: what's going to be done.

If you got your phone via a network then it's up to your network to decide the fate of your phone and not Sony - Your sale of contract is with Vodafone and not Sony - So your 1st port of call is with Vodafone and if Vodafone decline then remind them of your contract of sale and who it's with

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

3rd brand new experia z2 now.
It works..
They just blamed sony for not checking devices. Witch I think is quite low of them
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Glad you got it sorted

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman