account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

walkman app not showing music files from sd card

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

walkman app not showing music files from sd card

I notice d   the walkman app is not displaying music files from my sd card. I Have a sandisk 16 gb class 10 card. It was preformatted and when i bought  it i simply inserted in my phone.

I tried clearing cache of walkman app and walkman widget And rebooted. But still no luck. Also  

Tried killing walkman process and then rebooted but no luck  again. (i read this on some other thread on this forum)

I can see all files from es file explorer and can play them using Poweramp. But walkman does not scans the files.

the other hand, mediaserver app is constantly running and eating a lot of battery.

Iam on 4.2.2 stock rom, unrooted.Screenshot_2013-07-23-21-14-15.png

Power consumed by media server

Screenshot_2013-07-23-21-32-21.png

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: walkman app not showing music files from sd card

What format are the files in?

What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Sorry sam couldnt reply soon.

all my files are in mp3 format.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

у меня такая же проблема.Должен же быть какой то выход.Что с этим делать?фото с карты показывает без проблем.Не могу на звонок даже музыку постаить,только стандартные

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

This is an English  only forum. Please re- post in english.