account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

volume levels

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

volume levels

Hi, just wondering if anyone has come across this. I need to keep my phone on vibrate at work, but if I try to show someone a video or anything with sound the volume for media stays greyed out when trying to increase it. Even going into settings - sounds - volumes has it greyed out. The only way to get it accessible is to turn the phone off and on, which is a pain. Any idea? Turning the sound to silent then back to on does nothing either...
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: volume levels

That doesn't seem right as the notification sound is not the same as music/video/games/other media volume. 

boot on safe mode and check again 

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I maybe wasn't exact, it was late when I made the post. The notification volumes and ringtone volumes are fine, it's just the media volume that stays greyed out. Reseting the phone brings it back for a while until I've had it on silent/vibrate for a bit again then it freezes out. Resetting to safeword would just act like a reset. I'll try it for a while... See what happens...
Emperor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

That's quite odd, what if you re-install the latest update with PCC

PC Companion (PCC)

Bridge (for Mac)

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)