account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

video recording problem

Highlighted
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

video recording problem

i updated my phone's software to 4.3. the update fixed the problem i had before - if i didn't pause the music and took out headphones it would go into silent mode until reboot (factory data reset didn't help, so update was my last hope). but now when i record a video and camera is focusing it records this annoying ticking sound. it drives me crazy. it only started after i updated the software, so it must be a software thing. how can i make it stop? will it stop if i downgrade? it really bothers me, words can't describe how much it bothers me.. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: video recording problem

How about a software repair with SUS?

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

just did it, nothing changed Slightly frowning Face

Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

In this case,you need to visit a sony service:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Regular
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

It is a bug in a firmware. Not a HW problem. Just wait for the new version maybe Sony will fix it.

Adviser
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

I have the same problem, the latest update 9.2.A.1.210 fixed most of the bugs:bar volume with downloaded themes, screen lock,incoming calls... but the camera still has problems with the nfc on.
My screen also flashes(black flash) when I play games or when I am on the web. Does anyone has the same problem?
Commissioner
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Let's just wait for a bug fixing update for this... I hope it'll be released very soon.
Apprentice
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

I suggest you read this Thread from the XDA Forum :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51004872

I'm on the .210 firmware now and the fact that up to the previous version (4.1.2 JB) this "ticking sound" was not present make me believe that Sony continues to do a bad development of the ROMs.

I'm really tired about this behavior ...