account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

update x10 from 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

update x10 from 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

my name mohamad amin ebrahimi nasab

im civil engineer

my phone xperia10 and iphone 4g

i wanna to know sonyericsson copany have any plane to upgrade the android softwere of xperia 10 from 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3 becauce other band like galaxy and desier update her model from 2.1 to 2.3 i think if sonyericcson do it this company can be first all over the world you know better than me that nokia company first becauce support and update her device good and better than other company know samsung do this role thanks alot

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: update x10 from 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3

amin1366_iran wrote:

my name mohamad amin ebrahimi nasab

im civil engineer

my phone xperia10 and iphone 4g

i wanna to know sonyericsson copany have any plane to upgrade the android softwere of xperia 10 from 2.1 to 2.2 or 2.3 becauce other band like galaxy and desier update her model from 2.1 to 2.3 i think if sonyericcson do it this company can be first all over the world you know better than me that nokia company first becauce support and update her device good and better than other company know samsung do this role thanks alot

there wont be any future updates unles you install a Custom ROM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=994336

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Good news, Mohamad.

According to infos from the SE Product blog the upgrade to Gingerbread generic trade kit will be available at the latest, in the beginning of 3Q of the year.

"The Xperia X10 Gingerbread release will be released on Android 2.3.3.".

Check it out, http://blogs.sonyericsson.com/products/2011/03/

Emperor
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

yes that is true but either by the end of Q2 or Q3, do you remember the whole 2.1 update that was supposed to be when but ended up being when?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Sure, I do remember. Let's hope this upgrade will be really available at the Christmas. Winking Face

Emperor
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

yeah it'll be nice by the end of Q2

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

This upgrade should be available when all new Gingerbread Xperias will be in stores.
As you already know SE plans to upgrade these to the next version of Android (beyond 2.3).
X10 is a great phone but will remain in the opinion as a model one step behind in this category, unfortunately.
This reminds me P990 story - RAM leakage and firmware issues - when after nearly a year SE finally delivered a usable FW version (R6E28), P1 with more stable firmware was introduced for sale and P990 support was abandoned. If the P990 would have from the beginning provided with 128 MB of RAM, the story of SE smartphones would turned four years ago in a different direction.

Somehow this is similar here, if X10 would have from the beginning provided with Ecclair, the upgrade to Gingerbread would/should be available right now. Similarly to Android phones from HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc.

Emperor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I don't like apple products but thats the only thing I might like about them, for the most part updates are for all devices at the same time, even past/old phones

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

As to Apple updates I completely agree with you. Let see when SE will update X10 - you bet on June, right? I guess that it will not happen sooner than August.
Ps: Post via UIQ3 device&Bolt.