account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

unable to find sd card content

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

unable to find sd card content

1.I transferred some songs from computer to sdcard of my xperia sola, but I am unable to locate them in sdcard .

I have tried looking inside all the folders displayed in "astro" and "file manager"

Let me know the defaut location where they get saved when copied from computer.

(Note:The songs are being detected by music player in phone and are playing smooth )

2.I made a folder games when phone was connected to computer and copied some apps to it but again I am not able to locate it on sdcard when phone is disconnected from computer.

7 REPLIES 7
Visitor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: unable to find sd card content

How did you copy the files from your computer?

Would it be possible that the phone is not recognizing the applications extensions?

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

1.First of all I connected the phone with computer.

2.Double clicked on removable disk icon displayed in My Computer

3.Made a folder inside named music and copied and pasted the songs to the sd card

The problem is nothing tranferred from computer is being displayed, though the copied songs are being updated automatically in the music player.

Adviser
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

I transferred about 2gb of songs on to a 4gb SD card using PC COmpanion, but the stock Sola "Music Player" v4.0.A.0.27 does NOT SHOW ANY SD CARD MUSIC!

WHat happened? it played on day 1 when i transferred just fine. Now can't see anything.? I've tried unmounting and remounting SD card. Tried Remove and put back SD card. No use. can u help?

Adviser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

How is this thread marked "SOLVED"?

Can sony help?

I just checked my card:All my "songs"/ albums which were transferred by PC Companion on a song by song basis, are showing up in DIR.LOST folder or such on my SD Card with filenames replaced by numbers!!! what nonsense is this? I have to do it again?  I would imagine that a $400 phone can manage mp3 in this day and age? !

Forum Legend
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

http://mediago.sony.com/enu/features I suggest you use Media Go to transfer your songs from PC to phone, as this application will account for any file format incompatibilities that may be causing this problem.

Adviser
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

How about if i just "directly" transfer folders of songs to the "Music" folder? I mean is it REALLY necessary to run through another software package like Mediago? why PC Companion didn't work?

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

It's not always necessary, but if the other methods don't work, you may as well give it a try.